Your 3 favorite destinations in the world?

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Your 3 favorite destinations in the world?

Post by Chris »

What are the top 3 best places you have ever visited? Here's mine:

1. Knoxville, TN--I went there in 2003 for a friend's wedding. Utterly fantastic. Scenery (Smokey Mountains) is great, food is great, women there are beautiful and everyone is nice. Plus, property is inexpensive in comparison with the Northeast. I have a feeling I may end up living here someday.

2. Aruba. Really, there is no better Carribean Island. Utterly perfect in every way. I'm going back in a motnh, and can't wait!

3. Vermont. One of the most scenic states in the union. I highly recommend it to everyone. A small population of great people spread out over a LARGE area makes you feel in touch with nature and the old days. A really great place!
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Well after this weekend...

1. Las Vegas
2. Spearmint Rhino in Las Vegas
3. The Carribean Islands
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
rschul2

Post by rschul2 »

1. Hanauma Bay in Honolulu Hawaii
2. Bahamas
3. Boston, MA---Go Red Sox
Randy
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

rschul2 wrote: 3. Boston, MA---Go Red Sox
Damn straight sir!

Sincerely,
Chris
Born, Raised, and currently residing in Boston
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

my daughter and my money will be going to UT Knoxville this fall

i like destin, florida
i like new york city
and i like miami

sam
stbdtack

Post by stbdtack »

1. Venice, Italy -- Nothing beats a canal-side restaurant, -- great wine, -- and your true love on a beautiful Spring day.

2. Paris, France -- hedonist paradise!

3. Annapolis, Maryland -- Sailors' paradise!
--Pat Thayer
Living well is the best revenge.
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

1) Bermuda

2) Outer Banks of North Carolina

3) Virginia Mountains.....camping
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
english_barber
Robert from the Gentleman's Shop

Post by english_barber »

drmoss_ca wrote:1. Liddington Hill, Wiltshire, UK. Beautiful rolling green downland, sheep bleating and larks singing. Imagine lying on your back on the grass in the sunshine, the scent of hay in your nose and listening to aforesaid beasties. That's where my ashes are going!
Chris
Chris, when ever we drive through there we smile and realise how lucky we are to live "almost in Wiltshire"!

Regards, Charlotte & Robert
Last edited by english_barber on Tue May 24, 2005 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charlotte & Robert Johnston
www.gentlemans-shop.com
mark the shoeshine boy

Post by mark the shoeshine boy »

First I liked going to my Aunt Eulie's house outside of Potosi, Missouri. We used to fish and hunt and climb the beautiful Ozark hills, and boy could she cook. God rest her soul.

Second, Ouray Colorado....we took a Jeep on top the mountain passes through Silverton. there I stood on top of a mountain and took in a beautiful world...

Third, I love Nashville Tennessee....the music and the people who love it....

I would like to go to England and meet this Robert feller from the Gentlemen's shop...he seems real nice and probably is a pretty good barber...wouldn't mind a shave while I was there, too. Maybe I could shine a pair of his shoes or something. Get me a genuine Bowler Hat for my stage show...it would look real dauper....

How much stuff can I pack in my bags before the custums agent gets me or our "homeland Security" force tells me that Trumper's skin food is probably some nuclear fusion agent.

Finally, I hope go to Heaven to see my mother again, I miss her dearly.

Sincerely,

Mark Theshoeshineboy
SHAVE AND A HAIRCUT...WAIT A SECOND WHAT ABOUT A SHOESHINE, TOO ????
english_barber

Post by english_barber »

mark the shoeshine boy wrote: probably is a pretty good barber...
Brilliant Barber, modest too.....

Robert
www.gentlemans-shop.com
english_barber

Post by english_barber »

1. Hungerford, an old fashioned English town where everyone knows your name.

2. Fountains Abbey in Yorkshire, England. Ruined Medieval monastry set in a world heritage site.

3. Los Angeles, the whole world in one city.

Robert
www.gentlemans-shop.com
ARenaissanceMan

Post by ARenaissanceMan »

Figured I'd get in on this. Im too young to have been all over but I've made some exotic locales in my short time. Top 3 in no particular order:

1) Moldova - Like Ireland, Spain, and Russia wrapped in one.

2) Rio - Like Miami but the women put out :D. Must visit for Carnivale.

3) Prague - Simply amazing place.
jdtx3302

Post by jdtx3302 »

I am pretty young also (most of the trips I have been on have been family trips, until recently). These are in no particular order

1 - Texas Hill Country - There is nothing like eating some awesome open pit Texas bbq and then floating down the Guadalupe river with a case of beer and then going to Gruene Hall for a concert.

2 - Cabo San Lucas - It is a beautiful place and a very fun atmosphere. My first day there we were passed out by 7pm and almost didn't make it back to our hotel.

3 - Cancun - Went their for senior trip after high school and it was a drunken haze.
Justin
Texas
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

Grand Cayman Island

Puerto Rico

and Miami of course :wink:
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

clark: you make rio sound decadent, lol.

hedonist: i would have figured you would have said HEDONISM say in jamiaca

sam
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

tngentleman1 wrote:hedonist: i would have figured you would have said HEDONISM say in jamiaca

sam
Been to Jamaica on a cruise ship but never on a Hedonism trip. Although it has intrigued me, I just don't think it's my kind of thing. Isn't that a swingers kinda thing?
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

sir, i dont know about no swingin.............. just recognize the name from the radio station. actually, i have heard it is an all inclusive resort and that there is a naked beach, and naked pool areas, and that pretty much anything goes. if i were younger and single, id have hit it. but now, it'll just get me into trouble, so i try not to think about things like that

sam
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

tngentleman1 wrote:sir, i dont know about no swingin.............. just recognize the name from the radio station. actually, i have heard it is an all inclusive resort and that there is a naked beach, and naked pool areas, and that pretty much anything goes. if i were younger and single, id have hit it. but now, it'll just get me into trouble, so i try not to think about things like that

sam
Hmmm, im young and single, perhaps this Christmas i'll look into it 8)
jdtx3302

Post by jdtx3302 »

drmoss_ca wrote:
I think there is a common thread running through these trips. It's cheaper, and safer to get drunk, if you must get drunk, at home. Don't attempt to shave when drunk.

Chris
Yes, Yes. You caught me. There was a common thread there just because what I did while I was there was PARTY!! :wink: Now the Texas Hill Country on the other hand is very beautiful and has many high quality Bed and Breakfasts and can be much more relaxed than I make it out to seem.

And I will never try to shave drunk, I will usually be clean shaven before that happens.
Justin
Texas
netdood

Post by netdood »

I've been to most locations in all of North America as well as South America and I figure I just HAD to give my 2 cents on Rio.....

No man can visit Rio and not come home amazed. I can't think of any other place on the planet that can compare when it comes to females. Every man really should see what its like at least once.