Where's Charles

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Johnnie
Shave This

Where's Charles

Post by Johnnie »

I've noticed that Charles hasn't been very active around here lately. Anyone know if everything is ok? I've also noticed that Joel has been Charles' voice around here latley, which is cool. I was just curious.

Charles, I hope everything is ok. We all hope to keep you here for a very long time. :D
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

I completely understand where Charles is coming from as far as a retailer is concerned. Thats why we like him. However, I really look forward to his opinions on shaving. Not so much from a retailers point of view but from toiletry lovers point of view. Just like any other wet shaver here.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

I see no problem with Joel giving high praise to Charles. He's earned it. However, I have ordered from Em's Place and Classic Shaving too and they are both great, however Charles has and always be my go to guy. The only one I haven't ordered from is TGS as I am a bit nervous about ordering overseas, as I don't know how the exchange rates work and the speed of shipping. Anyways, I hope that Charles comes back and posts as much as he used too, as his contributions are invaluable and informative,and I quite enjoy reading his musings.
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Post by qed-usa »

Forum members:

I want to thank the chaps who noticed my absence from the forum.

I made a decision about 3 or so weeks ago to not post on this or any other forum unless something required a statement from me. That something now exists ... in fact, two "somethings" exist.

As many of you know through our private communications, my position on forums such as ShaveMyFace has remained constant. This forum is basically for CONSUMERS to discuss issues relating to WetShaving, which obviously includes retailers and the products they offer. It could very much inhibit someone's free speech if any retailer has too strong a presence. I feel QED now falls into that class. Yes, initially I was very active in this forum because there were few members and I wanted to help it get off the ground. But now it is time for me to step away. That said, should some member be enthusiatic about my service or my products, then he is entitled to express himself without any insinuation, however "humorously" intended, of his receiving some special benefit from QED.

The SR230 issue is a heartbreaker for me. This brush is made for Savile Row by one of the most prestigious brushmakers in the world. What is causing the problem with the last batch of brushes is yet to be accurately identified until I get those brushes back to England for forensic analysis. My best guess, some defect connected to the epoxy used to hold the hair to the handle. I have obtained several brush styles from this brushmaker over several years and this type of problem has never happened before, so the brushmaker is baffled. That said, any one who has what they feel is a defective SR230 should contact me immediately and I assure you I will make the matter right in any manner that will satisfy you.

I will visit the board just to see how you chaps are doing, and to listen to your enlightening comments. As I've always said, it is YOU lads who are educating retailers, not vice versa. I do not think you realize how important this forum is to retailers ... just look at some of the products added to websites because of your reviews.

Best to all,
Charles
Q E D
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Charles,

I completely understand where you are coming from. As long as you stop by and say hi once in a while. Please feel free to jump in, in the "off topic" conversations.

J
Johnnie
Keep it Wet