Electric toothbrush recommendations.

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Sage

Electric toothbrush recommendations.

Post by Sage »

This isn't related to shaving, but i guess it is grooming related...

I am thinking about finally going high-tech with my toothbrush. Wondering, from those of you who have electrics, how many recommend the Sonicare line, and how many recommend the Oral-B line. Especially interested in comments from those who may have tried both.

Thanks,
Andy
HLSheppard
Coffee King

Post by HLSheppard »

Hi Andy -

I have owned both and the Sonicare SMOKES the Oral B. I didn't know any better until my dentist told me a couple of excellent results that he'd seen with the Sonicare.

I bough one (still keeping my Oral B) to try for a bit. That was easily 7 years ago. I am on my second Sonicare (lost the first one in a fire) and my dentist still tells me what a "boring" mouth I have...

The Oral B brush heads were ALWAYS needing to be replaced (loosening up and falling apart). Sonicare recommends every 6 months (which I try to follow), but they'll go on forever if you let them. The brush heads are expensive, but E-Bay, Costco, etc., help make them more affordable.

My father did the exact same comparison as I spoke of - and still has his Sonicare as well. You won't be sorry. :lol:
Sage

Post by Sage »

Thanks for the advice.

I have been leaning towards the sonicare, but wanted to get a few more opinions before taking the plunge.

Thanks again.

Andy
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

i have the oral b 3d excel. the battery in it ran out after 18 months and oral b braun gave me a new one. my brushheads are fine. at least it is better than a regular toothbrush. i read consumer reports and some online ratings and at the time, about 3 years ago, oral b 3d excel was more highly rated. the soniccare that was desireable was like $100 at the time, and i got my oral b 3d excel for under $50. i am pleased

sam
stbdtack

Post by stbdtack »

Sonicare -- period, I've used the Elite for 18 months -- great. When I travel the battery lasts almost two weeks without charge. Cleaning action is second to none. This is the only system my hygienist recommends.
--Pat Thayer
Living well is the best revenge.
Sage

Post by Sage »

I am going to go with the sonicare. Now just need to bite the bullet and drop the $100...gulp....

Thanks,
Andy
HLSheppard
Coffee King

Post by HLSheppard »

Andy -

You won't be sorry. Don't forget to check out E-Bay. Also Costco has them at a decent price (as I'm sure Sam's, etc. does as well).
Howard L. Sheppard
howardsheppard(at)sbcglobal.net

"I wish I were less awkward around strangers. I never know what to say when someone asks me who I am and what in the world I'm doing in their house." -- Andy Ihnatko
AceHarddrive

Post by AceHarddrive »

I use CyberSonic2! Check it out here: http://www.sonictoothbrush.com/cybersonic2/index.htm
It comes with a tongue cleaner, replacement brush heads, flosser, tooth gel and tooth whitening gel. Great system! If I remember right, I bought mine from QVC.

~Tim 8)

The wolf
Is shaved
So neat and trim
Red Riding Hood
Is chasing him
Burma-Shave