I went to Ikea

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
jrgroucho

I went to Ikea

Post by jrgroucho »

to buy a new lamp for my living room, and came away with this shelf (thinking about going to get another) and that big green mug! Oh, and the lamp. Ok, off to make some lather.

--
Jeremy
><((((º>`·. .· `·. .· `·... ><((((º> .
· `·. . , . .· `·.. ><((((º>`·. .· `·. .· `·... ><((((º>
Rob

Post by Rob »

Good job! Looks like you have room for at least one, maybe two more shelves in there. Hehe.
yoyology
Captain Yo

Post by yoyology »

Is there some apparatus at the bottom of your medicine cabinet to hold those brushes, or did you glue magnets to their bases?
Karl G. Siewert
Librarian and yo-yo enthusiast
Tulsa, OK

"Someday I'll find it, the BBS Connection, the razor, the stubble, and me."
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I can never go to Ikea without coming home with a bag full of something-or-other. Great store - I lived in Finland for 2 years when I was 20 and walking into an Ikea store takes me back to that time. Their product is timeless, functional, and of good quality. Our entire family room is kitted out in Ikea.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
jrgroucho

Post by jrgroucho »

yoyology wrote:Is there some apparatus at the bottom of your medicine cabinet to hold those brushes, or did you glue magnets to their bases?
Good eye Karl. (Well I imagine two good eyes, but digress.) I used some double sided tape supplied with plastic sheeting for windows in winter (comes off without residue) and then affixed a piece of magnetic strip, which can be bought at any hardware store.

And I too, always come out of Ikea with more than I intend on purchasing.
Rob, you're not helping :lol:.
--
Jeremy
Rob

Post by Rob »

Well, I just wanted to float that idea out to you. I mean, it looks like that new shelf is already a little cramped! Hehe!
rahul325
wEtShAvEr

Post by rahul325 »

that shelf looks good, i might just stop by IKEA and pick up a cpl of them for myself :)
Wet shaving is an expensive addiction :twisted:

FS - 2 fatboys - E2 and F4, both in good condition. Pls PM me
jrgroucho

Post by jrgroucho »

rahul325 wrote:that shelf looks good, i might just stop by IKEA and pick up a cpl of them for myself :)
Yeah, I wanted something shallow and was leaning towards stainless or the like, and then saw this. It was providence that it fit so well, or maybe just luck :wink: .

--
Jeremy
Str8G8r

Post by Str8G8r »

yoyology wrote:Is there some apparatus at the bottom of your medicine cabinet to hold those brushes, or did you glue magnets to their bases?
That was my first thought as well. Magnets!

Also how are you liking the Derby cream?
--Charlie
jrgroucho

Post by jrgroucho »

The derby cream is nice. It seems to require a lot more water than I would be comfortable adding to say Palmolive, but it sure is slick!. Someone here likened the lavender smell to a household cleaner, but I feel it's ok. I thought the menthol would be like Proraso, but it is much more mild on the menthol. If I were to buy more, would stick with regular and let variations be reserved for companies that already do them better. But it really is slick, and I like that.

--
Jeremy
slayer

Post by slayer »

great stuff you got there