Gillette Rocket

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
celticfrostedflakes

Gillette Rocket

Post by celticfrostedflakes »

Picked this up for $10 just around the corner from my house. I passed the shop every day for the last four years, and the owner said it's been there for at least 10. Cleaned up nice, it's got no date code on it so I have no idea how old it is. Off topic, how do you add a picture directly to your post like some guys do, without the image hosting site?

Last edited by celticfrostedflakes on Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marty
Lyrt

Post by Lyrt »

Create your own folder in the Gallery section.
Str8G8r

Post by Str8G8r »

Nice Rocket! That was my first Rocket as well and is still my favorite. I have another on the way (4) Can't wait for it! Post up what you think of the shave with it.
--Charlie
celticfrostedflakes

Lyrt wrote:Create your own folder in the Gallery section.
Got it, just noticed the sticky at the top, thanks.
Marty
celticfrostedflakes

Picked these two up too, just cleaned them up.

Marty
Rob

Post by Rob »

Those are some sharp razors, Marty. Nice haul.
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Marty---You done real good :D :D

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Post by nodaktim »

You found some nice razors there Marty. See not all of the good finds come from the 'Bay. Just think, you probably made that owner's day by finally taking that Rocket off of his hands. Did he/she seem surprised of your interest in the Rocket in the first place?
~ Tim ~

"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
celticfrostedflakes

Str8G8r wrote:Nice Rocket! Post up what you think of the shave with it.
Just used the Rocket, gives a great shave but the Milord seemed to cut just a bit closer, although the Rocket is much more well built, smoother twist and the head is more solid.
nodaktim wrote: Just think, you probably made that owner's day by finally taking that Rocket off of his hands. Did he/she seem surprised of your interest in the Rocket in the first place?
She didn't blink an eye at my purchase, I'm sure she's had requests for pretty much anything you can think of. She had some stuff in there with heavy price tags on them and they looked like junk to me, so to each is own right.
Marty
celticfrostedflakes

After reading this post I am lead to believe that this is also an Aristocrat Jr. and not a Rocket. I assumed it is a Rocket because of the case in came in and I really don't know any better. It does have a flat bottom under the head, smooth TTO and rounded end. What do you think? I have no idea what an Aristocrat Jr. is.

Marty
Str8G8r

Post by Str8G8r »

OOOooohhh. Yes that is a Jr. From the original pic you can't tell that the uderside is solid but that is the difference. Now you need a Rocket to go in that box and a Jr. box to put that Jr. in. PM me if you don't need the box or don't want the razor.
--Charlie
Kirasdad

Post by Kirasdad »

Great looking Milord; this is one of my favorite vintage Gillettes. I have a nice mint Milord that I alternate with an Aristocrat as my daily razors. Great find!!
Peace,
Andrew

Those who danced were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche