ed

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
xkvamme

Post by xkvamme »

I am just as new to the gallery thing as you are. However, the way I have been posting pictures so far is this great website:

http://www.2and2.net/

Its really simple. Just take the link they give you and do the thing.

Alexander
HEWSINATOR

Post by HEWSINATOR »

Can somebody shed some light on this for me too, I seem to have an album on this site created but how do I get them here, in the post.

What is the URL to put between, when you create an album here?

Thanks
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Hello Hewsinator,

Joel showed me how to do it.

After you have uploaded your pix into an album, left click on the picture. It will open a medium size window right in the middle of the screen. Right click on this pix and left click on Copy Image Location. This copies the URL you need to place between the image brackets.

If you don't get a Copy Image Location option, left click on properties and then highlight and copy the url in the pop up window.

In your post, click on Img at the top, paste the url you just copied, and click on Img again.

Hit return and add another photo like above or more text. Try to keep your pix to 512Kb or less. Super high megapixel resolution is not necessary for web work like this.

Try it as a test. You can always delete the posting once you get the hang of it.

Good Luck!

Cheers,
Richard
Lionhoo

Post by Lionhoo »

Maybe someone can give me a helping hand. I uploaded some pictures to the Gallery and I wanted to include them in a post. I got them to attach to the post just fine, but the images were really small.

The resolution of the pictures I uploaded were 1200x900. They were originally something like 1260xsomething, but the file sizes were too big to transfer to SMF.

Any ideas on how to get the photos bigger in the post itself. They look good in my album on SMF.

Thanks,

Marshall
In War: Resolution
In Defeat: Defiance
In Victory: Magnanimity
In Peace: Good Will
-W.S. Churchill

"Causa latet, vis est notissima!" -- Ovid
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Hello Marshall,

I picked one of your shave den pix and inserted here:

Good size?

I left clicked on your small pix first. It brought up a large pix in the middle of the screen. I then right clicked on that large pix and selected copy image location. And viola!

Richard
Texas
Lionhoo

Post by Lionhoo »

Thanks Richard!!!!

Tomorrow I'll add my photos to the Shave Den thread in the General section!

Todd, thanks for the kind words, check out the rest and let me know what you think.

Thanks again,

-Marshall
In War: Resolution
In Defeat: Defiance
In Victory: Magnanimity
In Peace: Good Will
-W.S. Churchill

"Causa latet, vis est notissima!" -- Ovid
gage0921

Post by gage0921 »

I feel ignorant asking this after so many of you have already given answers but when I say comp. illiterate im not joking. I have some pics in my email that I saved to my documents and want to post them. Some one please help.
Sean
reginald-van-gleason

Post by reginald-van-gleason »

Hi gage.

I work on a mac and don't have the left click right click option, but what I did, after uploading my pics to the gallery, was first click the [img] button that you find directly below the subject line when you post, then find the url of "just" the pic, not the one that you see in your gallery but one that looks like this:

http://www.shavemyface.com/gallery/albu ... tyHone.jpg

In this case the members id number is 10319 (that would be me) and the name of the file is SafetyHone.jpg (the name that I gave it) You can find out your members id number by going to your gallery and putting the mouse over your image, it should have a number somewhere in the pop up window. Try experimenting with the url to see if it will link to "just' the image. Then you click the [/img] button again, and your pic should be linked up.

I hope this was helpful and not utterly confusing, as I suspect it might be.
reginald-van-gleason

Post by reginald-van-gleason »

gage, you could also check this thread, might help some:

http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewto ... =post+pics
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Vince or Joel, can you sticky one of the threads that explain on how to post pictures in a thread. It would be helpful to us guys with two left thumbs :lol: .
gage0921

Post by gage0921 »

Well I got it down so lord help you all when I get a digi cam and take pics of my trips at sea. You will wish you never informed me...lol
Sean
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Sean,

Variety is the "spice of life". We welcome your pics!

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
gage0921

Post by gage0921 »

Great.....now I just need to find a cheap but capable digi cam.
Sean
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Sean,

Patrick (PonyPlayer) is offering one for trade:
http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2207

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
gage0921

Post by gage0921 »

Thank you....I sent him a pm. Dont know how well a 2.1 mega pixel will work for shots that are farther away though.
Sean
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Sean,

I have no clue. You can check reviews here:
http://www.dpreview.com/

Randy
gage0921

Post by gage0921 »

Cool deal..........thanx
Sean