Landscapes?

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
remo74tg

Post by remo74tg »

Took this picture last summer not far from my house,
Rich53

Post by Rich53 »

Harold,
The picture is quite crisp and clear. My son remarked on the clarity and how sharp the picture is as soon as he saw it.

regards,
Rich

Do not give up before the miracle happens.
HAC

Post by HAC »

Rich53 wrote:Harold,
The picture is quite crisp and clear. My son remarked on the clarity and how sharp the picture is as soon as he saw it.

regards,
Thanks, not too bad for a 5Mp Canon S2-IS.. :D
FYI, that pic was takne from the back patio of the Banff Springs Hotel.
Cornelius Van Horne called in the "million dollar view" on 1887, and thats where he had the first Banff Springs built.. In case your curious, the closer mountai at the left of the picture is Tunnel Mountain, and the range
in the background is the Fairholme Range, with (from left to right)
Mt. Inglemaldie, Mt Girouard, and Mt. Peechee...
The river is the Bow..

Cheers
Harold
HAC

Post by HAC »

Rich53 wrote:Harold,

regards,
Thanks, not too bad for a 5Mp Canon S2-IS.. :D
FYI, that pic was takne from the back patio of the Banff Springs Hotel.
Cornelius Van Horne called in the "million dollar view" on 1887, and thats where he had the first Banff Springs built.. In case your curious, the closer mountai at the left of the picture is Tunnel Mountain, and the range
in the background is the Fairholme Range, with (from left to right)
Mt. Inglemaldie, Mt Girouard, and Mt. Peechee...
The river is the Bow..

Cheers
Harold
Rich53

Post by Rich53 »

Harold,
I've fished the Bow twice. Always from Calgary south. I've always regretted not taking the time to go to Banff while I was there.

regards,
Rich

Do not give up before the miracle happens.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Here are a few of my shots from our many trips to the UK over the years. While some might argue that some shots here contain more building-scapes than landscpaes, I would say simply that over time, any structure can become part of the landscape.

For example, Edinburgh Castle is built on ancient volcanic rock, dating back to millions BC, and which literally rises out of the middle of Edinburgh and drops away as abruptly as it appears, making it the ideal place for a castle keep.

The location for Whitby Abbey was chosen because of it's nearness to the sea and resulting placement above and away from the rest of the world. The town started to form on the shores below the Abbey over time as the fishing industry flourished.

I can go on and on - so don't get me going on this. In the meantime, here are just a few samples of some favourite shots and locations.
Whitby Abbey

Looking north from Robin Hood's Bay, North Yorkshire

Footbridge over the River Wye, Youlgreave, Derbyshire

Wallace Monument in fog, Stirling, Scotland

Sawley Abbey, Lancashire

Dobladarn Castle, Snowdonia, Wales

The Burrs, Lancashire.

Edniburgh Castle, Edinburgh Scotland

All the above were shot with a Canon G3 using the standard lens with either my Raynox .28 wide-angle or Kenko 2X telephoto adapters. The only enhancements seen on these photos is that they are significantly reduced in size, and that most have been shot in 'vivid' colour mode to brigthen up the shots. Otherwise, no other retouching has taken place. Graininess is as a result of auto iso-selection. I intentionally don't like to re-touch my photos because it reminds me more of film that way.

I spend far more time taking pics of things and places than I do people. I suppose that's why I can't convince my wife to spring for a DSLR :wink:
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?