What next?

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
Johnnie
Shave This

What next?

Post by Johnnie »

Hey guys,

we seem to have a lot of pictorials here and i would like to add to it. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestion to add to our collection. Now im no wet shaving expert but i would just like to contribute.

thanks,

john
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

If you can, make some pictures of how to get a good blade angle with a DE. Seeing it is much easier for someone who's totally new, than having it explained to them.

If you can't get your own face in the picture, even holding the razor against a piece of cardboard and showing how to adjust the angle correctly would be nice to have - somewhere to refer people to when they inevitably ask how to do it right.
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

notthesharpest wrote:If you can, make some pictures of how to get a good blade angle with a DE. Seeing it is much easier for someone who's totally new, than having it explained to them.

If you can't get your own face in the picture, even holding the razor against a piece of cardboard and showing how to adjust the angle correctly would be nice to have - somewhere to refer people to when they inevitably ask how to do it right.
I think this is a great idea. I think the problem most new wetshavers have is blade angle.
iewr222fv

Post by iewr222fv »

I'd like some pictures & descriptive markings/characteristics of razors so newbs and people who get new razors can learn about their history.

This would also be a good place to catalog each person's razors

IE:
Currently I have a Schick Krona (thanks Johnnie) dated from the mid 1960's (as quoted here) Butterfly opening top, with black twist knob on the bottom (have seen silver twist knobs) "SCHICK" and "KRONA" across the top. On the bottom of the head it says "PATENTS PENDING" and "SCICK MADE IN USA" Parallel to the blade on oposite sides facing away from center. Handle lenght just over 3 5/8" for a total lenght of about 4"
Here are some pictures I found online of it:
Image Image Image Image Image
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Nice pics!

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
iewr222fv

Post by iewr222fv »

they're from various sites and ebay auctions, I'll start an identify your razor thread if people want it, and list all 3 of my razors with as much info as I have on them.
- double edge dan
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Dan,

Start the thread...should be a good one!

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
iewr222fv

Post by iewr222fv »

I started in razor section: http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=22043

on 2nd thought if any admin wants to move it to this section it might be betah.
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

gents,

ive noticed that some of you would like to see a DE blade angle. now im no DE expert but i will give you my version of a DE shave. over the weekend i will either post pics or a small video of a shave. again im no DE expert but i will give you my version.

johnnie
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Any other suggestions?
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
iewr222fv

Post by iewr222fv »

I've seen some charts about directions of hair growth.

A chart of which way people (or person) shaves each part of their face would be useful. Not eveything is N-S, etc.
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Novegi wrote:I've seen some charts about directions of hair growth.

A chart of which way people (or person) shaves each part of their face would be useful. Not eveything is N-S, etc.
Dan,

I agree. As a matter of fact i dont even shave N-S. My hair grows from my left ear to my right ear. Therefore i shave across my face from my right ear to my left ear. Everyones hair grows different so there is no standard.

If i were to post pics of a shaving chart, well it may not work for others. it is really up to you to decide what works best for you.

j
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

There's already one of those here.
iewr222fv

Post by iewr222fv »

thanks, has anyone tried this method?