Put your Best Face Forward!

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
The Seeker

Post by The Seeker »

Me at the pub, shortly after my wedding.

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

shortly after my wedding.
ergo the look of shock and awe????

Just kidding
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice photograph. thanks for sharing

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
The Seeker

Post by The Seeker »

fallingwickets wrote:ergo the look of shock and awe????
I'd calmed down once the pint kicked in :wink:
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

Heres you some shock and awe... :D
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
Timpac

Post by Timpac »

I almost hate to say it, but I'm currently quite bearded. Just took this the other day since I was going to an interview for an internship as part of my MA in Counseling program. The facial hair fluctuates fairly often and everything I've learned here is the reason I don't have issues with ingrown hairs on the neck, jawline, or when edging precisely around a goatee. That, and when I'm in the mood for some real relaxation/meditation, getting into the zone with a DE on my scalp is wonderful.

brothers

Post by brothers »

OK, here I am with the World's Most Traveled Razor at Red Rock Canyon in Hinton OK in June 2009. Mr. Bill Ellis made the razor and sent it out across the country for all who wanted the opportunity to shave with it.

Here's me with the WMTR standing at the south end of Owen Stadium in Norman OK, home of the Sooners.

About midway through the WMTR project, Bill had to take a break and he asked me to stand in for him in shepherding the razor as it continued its journey, and to make sure that everyone who'd signed up got to have their chance with it, and then sent it along to the next guy. Because of that, he afforded me the opportunity to purchase his unique custom razor. He's an honest man who expects the best from others and from himself, and an artist to boot.

Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Timpac

Post by Timpac »

Gary, that's a beautiful straight. I have not had the intent or passion to learn a straight, but enjoy seeing the great experience you have had with it. I hope that razor keeps passing on to those who truly seek it.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Timpac wrote:Gary, that's a beautiful straight. I have not had the intent or passion to learn a straight, but enjoy seeing the great experience you have had with it. I hope that razor keeps passing on to those who truly seek it.
Those lucky guys appear to be my son and then my grandson, who's only 4. But I'm not planning on turning loose of it any time soon.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

[url=http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV9NDAS]Image[/

That's me in the background (in the brown jacket) about 5 minutes before I got smoked by the bull. The bullfighter in the front is one of the people who saved my life that day last October 10th.

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Danny, it's great to see you here!

I hope you're healing well from your extensive injuries.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

Hi Danny, yes it is great to hear from you again.
Gary

Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Thanks guys. I hope to start posting again soon. Been busier than a one-armed paper hanger.
Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
Gene

Post by Gene »

I had never seen this thread before...a fascinating read.

As much as I liked it, though, it did remind me that there are quite a few members that seem to have fallen away...and we never did get a picture of Gordon out of it.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore