Santa Maria Novella

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
Big Ren
The Toronto Kid

Santa Maria Novella

Post by Big Ren »

I'm not sure if this video has ever been posted before. For those who have never seen it, you get the dime tour of the Officina Profumo-Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella, founded in 1612 in Florence, Italy, by the Dominican friars.

Ren
"What I find ironic is the fact that we can talk wireless to a man on the moon but we can't talk to someone twenty feet away over a hard-wired intercom at a drive-thru!" - Pottydoctor
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Ren,

Excellent video. Have you or anyone else tried the shaving cream? The cologne bottles are exquisite! Molto Bene!

Thanks,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
Big Ren
The Toronto Kid

Post by Big Ren »

Hi Bill,

No, never tried the shaving cream, especially since it is rumoured to be little different from the Proraso semi-soft soap. The Duke of Silvertip has said that their aerosol foam is inferior to Barbasol, so I'm not exactly in a rush to spring $25 for that either. The colognes and toilet soaps are really the stregth of this line IMO.

Ren
"What I find ironic is the fact that we can talk wireless to a man on the moon but we can't talk to someone twenty feet away over a hard-wired intercom at a drive-thru!" - Pottydoctor
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Wow, that's a lot of Lira for a Proraso type product. I would be very interested in sampling their colognes. Thanks for the info.

Regards,

BIll
Don't think......shave.
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

SMN colognes are very nice. I really enjoy their Sandalo.
RIDave

Post by RIDave »

I have been using the pre/post shave for a while. As a pre shave it is a superior product, unlike most others. I can tell the difference between using none, and my Poraso.

THe colognes confuse me. I have two places in RI that sell SMNovella, they have several colognes and sticks. I just cannot make up my mind.

When I give the product as a gift, say the soap or bubble bath, I always print out the history and put in the box. Come to think of it that may be my biggest attraction to the Product.
Musago Pre Shave Oil
Poraso pre/post
Trumper Violet, Musago Real, Poraso
Nancy Boy C&E soap Tabac
Merkur HD
Musago Original Scent. Loreal for Men
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I enjoyed the history lesson and video very much. Thanks Ren.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Just as I expected. I was hoping to see monks huddled around a cauldron mixing raw ingredients for soap and chanting. Instead I see a sterile industrial complex with stainless steel vats. Bah!

Reminds me of the giggle I get from the "prepared at his celebrated establishment.....[factory in a grotty industrial park on the edge of town delivered by lorry]".

Sorry, I'm ultra-cynical today.
Richard
The Truthinator

Post by The Truthinator »

Wow, that's a lot of Lira for a Proraso type product.
It's €uro now, even in Italia.
slayer

Post by slayer »

amazing video, i had to watch it twice:)