Photoshop question

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
Gatorade

Photoshop question

Post by Gatorade »

I am wondering if someone could help me with a Photoshop question. Is there a way to crop a picture and then make the crop fit a new shape? In other words if I have a rectangular picture where the top border is smaller than the bottom then can I click the 4 corners and make it a perfect square?

I will attach a couple pics of what I am trying to do.

Crop the above pic at the 4 corners of the card in the pic and then paste them onto a specific size layer that would make it look like this

Thanks for the input!
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
Scrapyard Ape

Post by Scrapyard Ape »

Charlie, yes there is a way to do what you want. Unfortunately, I can't remember how. :(

I'll futz about with my copy of PS and see if I can remember.
~Greg
Lyrt

Post by Lyrt »

Press ctrl + a to select your image, then press ctrl + t and use the handles to square it. However that will change the proportions of your footballer.

Edit: Something like this? :?

Ron Gallant

Post by Ron Gallant »

Also, you can use the crop tool. Select the Shape with the crop tool. Check perspective in the top tool menu (CS2) and match the corners of the selection with your photo. Click crop and blam!!!
Merkur Progress, Gillette Fatboy, Clauss Straight
Vulfix #2233 Super Badger
Castle Forbes Lavendar, Proraso (Red)
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

Thanks! Using Transform there is a distort setting. I can then pull the corners to the shape I need.

Thanks for the tips!
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
Ron Gallant

Post by Ron Gallant »

Gatorade wrote:Thanks! Using Transform there is a distort setting. I can then pull the corners to the shape I need.

Thanks for the tips!
8 ways to do everything in Photoshop hey. I do recomend trying the crop method. That's exactly what it is designs for. No manual stretching involved. And then you will know two great tools in Photoshop.
Merkur Progress, Gillette Fatboy, Clauss Straight
Vulfix #2233 Super Badger
Castle Forbes Lavendar, Proraso (Red)
stripec30

Post by stripec30 »

You can also use the linear perspective function if you want the photo angled on say the side of a building.