USPS engineering marvel...

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
yotwo66

USPS engineering marvel...

Post by yotwo66 »

The classicshaving soap and container arrived the other day, and I couldn't get the box out without cutting it.

Shaving stuff so far.

Just got in the proraso and musgo real. They're both excellent.
Little old Sal was an old gal, as anyone can see/lookin' at how she's a go-gal, who only goes for me!
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

How the heck did the mailman get it in there? :lol:
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

They load them from the rear of the postal box and the opening must be larger than the front door.

P.S. Greg, No goofin' on me because I said load them from the rear.
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
kaptain_zero

Post by kaptain_zero »

Looks like an apartment type mail panel. The entire front swings open so all the compartments are exposed... Unfortunately, the actual compartments are larger in size than the individual door openings due to each door having a frame surrounding it. I consider it poor form to deliver a package in that manner. I usually pop open a door to make sure the package can be retrieved by the customer but in this case it looks like those locks can't be tripped from the backside and so an error in judgment appears to have occurred. Glad you got the contents out!

Kaptain "Pushing the envelope IS my job" Zero
Previously lost, on the way to the pasture. Now pasteurized.
kaptain_zero

Post by kaptain_zero »

Big Swifty wrote:They load them from the rear of the postal box and the opening must be larger than the front door.
Not in this case but I have worked in mailrooms where you do sort mail from the rear... I recall one time having a tug of war match with a customer who was in a rush... I had started to sort an item into one of the compartments when I realized it was the wrong one... unfortunately the customer was standing on the other side and grabbed hold of the item and wouldn't let me pull it back to sort it to the right compartment. Fortunately the old woman was no match for a young fella like me so I won the contest! I did not, however, win the shouting match which ensued.....<sigh>. It ended well, but wasted everyones time. :P
Previously lost, on the way to the pasture. Now pasteurized.
yotwo66

Post by yotwo66 »

Ahh, that makes sense. Thank you for clarifying that.
Little old Sal was an old gal, as anyone can see/lookin' at how she's a go-gal, who only goes for me!