My Shaving Zen

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
rtaylor61
Old Spice

My Shaving Zen

Post by rtaylor61 »

I have finally been able to assemble my Shaving Zen. Way back when the SMF brush was being initially ordered, I found this at overstock.com:

An idea was born. Why not turn this tealight fountain into a brush holder, sans the water?

Well, here are the "beginning" results:

I had to order the fountain twice. The first one was lost. And I still have some fine tuning to do, but I think it was worth the wait!

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Randy,

Do you think the running water will have a huge affect on the brush? Im not sure sure that it would. I think the running water would look really cool.

j
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Johnnie,

Having kept several fountains around the apartment, as much as I enjoyed their peaceful sounds, they truly were a mess to keep up with. The water may only be "trickling" but it still splashes. And you either have to treat them with chemicals or clean them weekly to eliminate hard water buildup or slime from growing. This is one of those times when going with just the "look" will represent the total package for me.

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

I can understand the splashing theory but do you think the splashes will reach the brushes? Hmm, I will have to play with mine and see how it reacts.

John
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Hello Pardner,

Very cool, indeed. Unique. I never saw a shaving shrine before. I have heard of zen gardens, but a shave zen is truly one-of-a-kind.

Well done! Candles?

Don't forget to show the shave zen on the bathroom counter!

Again, very cool!

Cheers, y'all
Richard
North Texas

PS I bet Ron has one of these in his shaving cottage. Ron?
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Richard,

The brushes are sitting where the candles should be. If you look closely, you will see that the SMF brush and the Saville Row don't fit. The Shavemac #181 has plenty of room. I'll get out the tools this weekend if possible and customize everything.

Randy
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

nice set up. it is better i keep much of my stuff in drawers and under the sink - wife wont complain as much

sam
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

chris: have i been posting so long that there is "samspeak"? lol. but you are 100 % correct as usual

sam
DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

Very creative display.

Me likey.
halwilson

Post by halwilson »

Nice Shaving Zen! Now, all you need is little statue of Manjushri wielding a flaming straight razor.

Hal