More Meltdown!

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
rtaylor61
Old Spice

More Meltdown!

Post by rtaylor61 »

Melting soaps is no big deal, but what container do you melt your soaps into?

Above are my choices, one cup bowls and two cup bowls, both available at WalMart and Target, and in the $5-6 range.

On the left, a QED 2 oz Patchouli/TeaTree/Peppermint shave stick, and on the right, a QED 5 oz Lavender tub, both melted into 1 cup bowls. The Lavender has been used several times, and as you can see, there is not a lot of "work" room.

On the left, a 2 oz Qed shave stick in a 1 cup bowl, and on the right the same QED Lavender soap now melted into a 2 cup bowl. Maybe a bit of overkill with the 2 cup bowl, but the work room is great. I can choose to work strictly out of this bowl...

or in my stainless steel mixing bowl!

Just remember that all soaps are not "meltable", at least not in the microwave.

Since getting involved in wetshaving, I have melted a few soaps. The mugs contain Classic Almond, Classic Lime and QED Sandalwood. The middle row of 1 cup bowls contain QED Patchouli/Tea Tree/Peppermint Shave stick, Col. Conk's Amber and QED Peppermint Shave stick. Up front, the 1 cup bowl is the QED B&B Shavestick, and the 2 cup bowl is QED Lavender tub.

Melting soaps can be dangerous. Once the soaps are melted, they are extremely hot, so take caution that you don't spill any of the liquid on yourself, or worse yet, try to shave witht the liquid!

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
Mindflux

Post by Mindflux »

Oh man, that's pretty spiffy. I think I like that better than shaving mugs. Just dedicated stackable bowls.

What do you use for a bowl/mug for whipping creams?
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

I use the stainless steel mixing bowl for whipping up my creams. It is the next to last pic.

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books