Pics of my favorite cream Salter in action!

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
Gramps
Canadian Badass

Post by Gramps »

WOW Joel that's great!!! =D>
It's nice to see it all come together even in pics. I appreciate you posting them (all the threads....LOL ) very iteresting with the colors too... I saw that with the Taylors that I got. Kewlllllll ....

Thanks for taking the time... look forward to the video if you get time.

You know, if the RMWS guys would go this kind of 'extra mile' they might get more people at least supporting them. They have a lot of guys pissed just because of vocabulary! I wish they would demonstrate some of these concepts, instead of sounding like elitist snobs! "You must invest a minimum of 600$" another said 1000$ and do it "right" whatever the hell that means. I wish they would just make it simply-explainable (whatever it is they are trying to say) and maybe post a demo or even 'bits' of demos of the various stages of the Method. I for one will never make it to Texas, never see CR... so how is one supposed to understand? :-k

Sorry about that Joel.... :oops:
It all just came to mind when I was typing....
You are doing a great job here and it is appreciated. It would be nice if we could all get along, eh?

Keep us interested!!!

Gramps (going to shave with Taylors 'ROSE' today!) :lol:
~~ Larry ~~
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Larry,

You said it. It is a hell of a lot simpler than some people make it out to be! I believe in simplicity.
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
rschul2

Post by rschul2 »

Joel,
Thats neat-o :D Salters is becoming one of my favorites. I find it gives a great shave and treats my skin very well.
Randy
Gramps
Canadian Badass

Post by Gramps »

Very cool Joel.

Please don't anyone take me wrong on my mention of RMWS because I am always looking to learn something new!

I build lather like your pictures too... I could do okay with the old boar bristle and the Williams soap, but it is so much easier and I admit better, with the Badger brush and now the creams are wonderful. I find the creams from Taylors more lubricating and I just love the scents.... never thought I would be a "scent type guy" .... but they're great!

With the RMWS fella's, it seems they want some sort of 'seperate, elite, nose in the air' group that speaks their own language! I just don't get how I (and a lot of you) can get a "baby-butt-smooth" shave without irritation and have one of them tell me I am doing it wrong?????
I don't have 600$US to invest in the minimum of materials in their system and creams, cube and stuff on top. Many do, I am sure and if that is how they want to spend their money, great! More power to them! But don't look down their noses at everyone else and say, "Your not using RWMS, so you're not doing it right and your equipment is inferior and I refuse to explain it in plain language!"
The shave is what it is about! I am enjoying myself (having F U N as a wise man I know put it!) I am not on a quest for the Holy Grail of shaving! and as far as hydro-lipide-substrate or whatever the F-*!~ the new language says (or any new term) .... I build "" LATHER "" for the purpose of shaving my face comfortably and hopefully safely!

I have learned a lot from all the boards, but about products and new things.... I already knew how to shave....!!!!!! And I CANNOT shave by their so-called 'stoke charts' because the grain of my beard grows every which way! "against the grain can mean 50 directions on my face!

I'll keep reading their site though, like I said to try and learn something, but I appreciate AND LEARN when I see very descriptive pictures like you have posted on this site! Not hidden allusions to obscure, undefined actions with equally veiled language intended to point you to .... the "mountain"? you know ... climb the mountain, search out the cave with the little old man in there (no long beard in this scenario) and ask the most important question that will lead mankind...... " Old man, what is the meaning of SHAVE?"

Rambling again in the cold country........

Thanks for the pics Joel

- Gramps
~~ Larry ~~
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

I 'm a first time poster. I've been lurking here for a while, and decided tonight to sign on.

Joel,

Thanks for sharing the pictures they were great. :)
It's amazing that you get all that lather from that small amount of cream shown in the picture #3.
I am struggling right now with getting a proper mixing cup or bowl. I have tried different mugs but they are either too tall, too small, or do not have a wide enough mouth.
The bowl you use looks excellent. Where did you get it?

Regards,
Steve
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Steve,

A cereal bowl works pretty good. By the way welcome to the forum!

Peter
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
Gramps
Canadian Badass

Post by Gramps »

Welcome to the Board / Community Steve!!!!!!!!

I use an Old Spice mug that I have had for 35+ years for all the cake soaps ... Williams being the one I have used most for years (these guys/gals will change that I am sure LOL)

For the creams I just started enjoying, I am using a child's cereal/soup bowl that I picked up at the 'Buck or Two' for $1.99. It works real well! Especially since I learned the micro-wave trick here on the Board... keeps the water very hot and the bowl itself gets heated up for the entire shave... it's just great! It even has a Happy Face on it ! :D

Going to shave again now, before bed (off for the weekend!)

Take care

Gramps
~~ Larry ~~
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

Thank you everyone for the very warm welcome. Much appreciated.

Based on all of your input I went to the local Target today and found a small "dessert" bowl that I am going to try for generating lather.

I have been a wet shaver for most of my adult life (now 62), but I only started experimenting with creams and soaps in the last 3 years or so.
It amazing how such a routine daily chore can become something to look forward to :)
I have not gone to a DE as yet, and I may never go to one, but I did buy a couple of Schick Injectors over ebay last week.
Regards,

Steve
AceHarddrive

Post by AceHarddrive »

Hey Joel, what happened to the pics? Did you take them down? I can't see them, and when I do a right-click>copy location of pic>input it in the address box and hit enter, I get a "Not found."

~Tim :cry:

The wolf
Is shaved
So neat and trim
Red Riding Hood
Is chasing him
Burma-Shave
AceHarddrive

Post by AceHarddrive »

No hurry! Those "senior moments" sure can be a pain, huh?

~Tim :wink:

The wolf
Is shaved
So neat and trim
Red Riding Hood
Is chasing him
Burma-Shave
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

This post has been fixed 8)

Vince