New Gillette Video

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

New Gillette Video

Post by mantic »

While I'm no fan of Gillette's current line of shaving products (software and hardware), they just posted a video to YouTube that actually offers some of the advice traditional shavers have been advocating for years. It definitely more "soft sell" than previous commercials I've seen. Maybe someone over there is finally reigning in some of the more rediculous claims the Marketing Dept. has come up with.

--Mark
Gene

Post by Gene »

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the link - an interesting video.

I can't help but notice that most of the stokes that guy used had a little "flick" at the end of them. Pretty sure I would slash myself if I tried that - with any razor!

I also notice that he did what looked like modified slide and "J" hooks when he shaved - very subtle, but there.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

Thanks for the link, Mark!

I would have found the whole film more persuasive if they had used a normal looking man like a ballplayer rather than some pretty boy.
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I wonder what the tally is if Gillette where to include all of us who own and use their vintage razors. I think the shaver needs a badger hair brush. If I see another Fusion ad, however, it won't be too soon. Gosh these things are annoying. At least they give good advice for the most part.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
IanM

Post by IanM »

We've been getting some Fusion ads over here, where Tiger, Thierry, and, umm, some tennis bloke (Federer) keep knocking Mach IIIs out of people's hands.

I don't know how Federer got the gig, as he must be one of the least/worst shaved people on the planet!

And I have to say, if Tiger Woods hits a golf ball though my bathroom window, he will be selecting his next club from some orifice other than the one in the top of his bag.

Ian
Those who design "Fool Proof" systems often underestimate the ability of fools.