"new" Slant Bar

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
PonyPlayer

"new" Slant Bar

Post by PonyPlayer »

Hi all,

Just testing out how to post pictures. I had no problems with adding my gallery but now to get them into the SOTD thread.

Hopefully you will see a picture of my "new" Merkur Slant Bar that I got a few weeks ago.

nteeman

Post by nteeman »

WOW--an orange one! :lol:
-Neal (DE user since 1998)
I shave therefore I am

Hugo
Paranoid Schizophrenic

Post by Hugo »

nteeman wrote:WOW--an orange one! :lol:
LOL!!!
Yep.
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

That is one gorgeous razor! I love the case. Where'd you pick this baby up?

Gold razors are like magnets for me. If I had more money to spend, I'd have a big collection (like Tony Espo). Right now I have a strong hankerin' for a gold Merkur HD, but am not sure whether I'll like it as well as my Gillette Aristocrats.

Cases sure seem to come in sorry condition. I wish there were a high quality aftermarket case for razors. There are a bunch of DE designs that would fit a basic case like yours.

Dave
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Very nice Patrick. I have a gold Hoffritz Slant Bar I picked up on Ebay some time ago. It is my favorite razor.
nteeman

Post by nteeman »

Actually I have a similar razor. Not is as good condition as yours but, like yours, a little different than the current Slant Bar model offered by Merkur. Mine, like yours, has a smooth finish on the top piece of the razor. The newer Slant Bar razors have ridges near the edge of the top piece.

I bought mine online a long time ago when I first ventured into returning to DE shaving. Now, as I own both versions of the Slant Bar, I must admit that my older Slant Bar gives me a better shave than my newer model. The new one looks better but my older one looks like the finish is coming off. None the less it gives the better shave.
-Neal (DE user since 1998)
I shave therefore I am