Preview My Contest Entry?

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Preview My Contest Entry?

Post by mantic »

After three months of medical issues I'm finally getting motivated to start doing videos again. Howcast is sponsoring a contest for creative "how-to" videos of under three minutes(!), so to get my creative juices flowing again I've made a video about how to get a better shave. Take a look at it here. Comments or suggestions before I submit it? Please note that I've lowered the resolution to 320x240 for bandwidth considerations. The contest submission will be at 640x480. Many thanks!
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Mark - Glad you're feeling up to this again.

The video looks good, especially considering that you only have 3 minutes to give a sense of direction to such a broad topic. Your target audience is also broader here, and I think you handled that effectively, as well.

Good work, as usual :)

- Murray
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

Welcome back Mark!

It looks great! I submitted it on Digg here:
http://digg.com/health/How_to_Get_a_Better_Shave
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

ditto on what Murray said

Clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
PeterS

Post by PeterS »

Mark

Glad to hear you're feeling better. The video looks like a winner.

cheers

Pete
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

Bump. I've updated the video with many of the suggestions given to me. I think I may have even added a bit with brush lathering that I'm reasonably happy with. Now the only major decision I need to make is to keep the title as-is, or re-title it "9 Tips For A Better Wet Shave" with little numbers on the screen as each tip is discussed. Comments?

--Mark
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

Mark, I think your most important point not appreciated by the general public is that too many blades increases the likelihood of razorburn. Yet when you say the word "razorburn", the music starts too loudly and covers up your voice.

I like the idea of changing the title and adding the 9 numbers. It will make the entire video seem more informative.
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

GA Russell wrote:Mark, I think your most important point not appreciated by the general public is that too many blades increases the likelihood of razorburn. Yet when you say the word "razorburn", the music starts too loudly and covers up your voice.
Sure enough, I didn't catch that. Luckily its an easy fix.
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

mantic wrote:Bump. I've updated the video with many of the suggestions given to me. I think I may have even added a bit with brush lathering that I'm reasonably happy with. Now the only major decision I need to make is to keep the title as-is, or re-title it "9 Tips For A Better Wet Shave" with little numbers on the screen as each tip is discussed. Comments?

--Mark
I'd go with "The Nine Habits of Highly Effective Wet Shavers". Extra kudos if you can amalgamate 2 habits into 2 others and make it seven...
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

ichabod wrote:I'd go with "The Nine Habits of Highly Effective Wet Shavers". Extra kudos if you can amalgamate 2 habits into 2 others and make it seven...
Heh. But thinking about it, I kinda like "Nine Habits To Develop For A Great Wetshave."
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

"Take 3" :lol:

I spent last night tightening things up and re-shooting some video. I really like the way this one turned out!

--Mark
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Mark, the latest tweaking makes it even better!

- Murray
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

I went ahead and uploaded the 3rd video to Howcast; I'm pretty pleased with it and I don't want to "over-tweak" it now. :) I'll start pestering y'all when voting begins on 29 July. 8)

--Mark