Dentist...

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
drmoss_ca
Admin

Dentist...

Post by drmoss_ca »

Spent the afternoon in the chair. This was my consolation on getting home:

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

Hey!! I was expecting to see either your dentist or sprung open mouth! Although, this is pretty good too...
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
gsgo

Post by gsgo »

A fine evening vista indeed!
Good shaving,

Gary
jtpca

Post by jtpca »

Serene - I can see a wood/canvas Chestnut Prospector being soloed on this solitude..
Jason

There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know. - Truman
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

<<sigh>> =D>

Love your pics, Chris -- did you use your leica again?
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Beautiful scene, Chris.

- Murray
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Wendell,
Leica M9 and CV 15mm lens, two images stitched together in Photoshop.

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Why am I not surprised. Nice - as always.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Gene

Post by Gene »

drmoss_ca wrote:Wendell,
Leica M9 and CV 15mm lens, two images stitched together in Photoshop.

Chris
Not being up on my Leica models...that's film, right? I seem to recall that you prefer film to digital, then process the film yourself.

I don't mind going to the doctor or the dentist...right up to the point where I feel they are pushing me to visit other folks for serious issues that need correcting right now, at great expense. Happened on my last trip to the dentist, about two weeks ago...my initial complaint was passed off as something needing serious gum replacement surgery, but has resolved itself on it's own like I knew it would. After that experience I wish I had a scene like yours to calm myself down with...so calm.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
m3m0ryleak

Post by m3m0ryleak »

Bravo, another magnificent picture Chris!
Tony

"They say that dreams are growing wild just this side of Burma Shave" - Tom Waits
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Gene, the M9 is a digital version of the M-series rangefinder. My film Leicas are MPs. Actually my collection of film cameras is growing, since I discovered that I can now buy what were very expensive cameras that I could only drool over in my youth very cheaply! This is especially true for the medium format gear that wedding photographers used to use - practically giving it away now, though yesterday's find was an OM-1 and a couple of lenses. I ached with envy when my brother got one in 1974, such was the beauty of its design.

Photo: Martin Taylor

Sigh.....I'm in love.

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

The Olympus OM-1 was unusually compact, silky smooth in operation, and had one of the quietest focal plan shutters for its time. I, too, remember well when this ground-breaking camera was introduced. Congratulations, Chris, on the acquisition of a classic.

- Murray
Gene

Post by Gene »

Dr. Moss, that Olympus is beatutiful, no doubt. Understand about the Leica's. Oh - and I certainly understand your desire for a medium format camera...I love what they can do, and the images you can get from them.

I've got 2 film camera's right now...a really old Canon TL, and a Canon A2E. The A2E uses the same lenses as my Canon 20D digital (sensing a Canon theme?), and I really enjoy both the film and digital. I trained in high school to process and print B&W film, so that wouldn't scare me, but home lab color processing was in it's infancy in 1972, so I never learned it. I think it would be a lot of fun to do some of the panoramic shots, but I just stay so busy these days trying to make a living that photography has taken a back seat for now.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
GregPQ

Post by GregPQ »

drmoss_ca wrote:...I ached with envy when my brother got one in 1974, such was the beauty of its design...Chris
I loved the OM-1. I still have a Minolta X-700 of the same vintage. I miss the brand choices we had in those days. Now everything seems to resolve to Nikon or Canon. Although I understand that Sony ingested Minolta. Those 35mm SLR's are beautiful tools, with some heft to them, like a DE vs a disposable. Having said all that, I was glad I was lugging around my light-weight, plastic Nikon D-60 during a recent vacation to Washington, DC.

This is the National Museum of the American Indian:
Greg
Fiat lux, et facta est lux. Que la lumière soit, et la lumière fut. Let there be light, and there was light.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

great great picture. thanks

clive

p.s. im sure the d60's ancestry will be proud HAHAHA
de gustibus non est disputandum