Before the Storm

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
drmoss_ca
Admin

Before the Storm

Post by drmoss_ca »

Heavy grey skies today, with a promise of lots more snow. I managed to grab these just before it started:

Leica M9, Elmarit 24.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
SRD

Post by SRD »

Great photos. If the prediction is correct the South Eastern US is in for a bout of heavy snow the next few hours. Of course that is a problem here as no one is really accustomed to it. Should be interesting.
Dave
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Funny -- we are having another light snowfall year again here in Ottawa. Any accumulation to mention all melted away just before New Year's Day with the very mild weather. We have gained another 10cm or so over the past three days of steady light snow fall.

Thanks for posting, Chris.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Nice pictures and scenery Chris.
We've had some good snowfall in the last few days but nothing major. I think the big ones still have to come; we have at least two months of winter left...ughhhhhhhh.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

10 inches on top of that now!

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

Great photos Doc. Hope we never see anything like that in Mississippi. It would shut the state down for weeks. Congrats on the scenery.
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

That last photo is cool. It seems as though the fence looks colored (brownish) and the rest is a black/white/grey scale.

Oscar, we are getting 4 to 6 inches in Memphis and they say further down tonight to Tupelo will get it even more!!
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

Sam wrote:That last photo is cool. It seems as though the fence looks colored (brownish) and the rest is a black/white/grey scale.

Oscar, we are getting 4 to 6 inches in Memphis and they say further down tonight to Tupelo will get it even more!!
Live in south Mississippi. Rain out the wahzoo, but just below the freeze line for sleet and snow (thank goodness). Hunker down and stay safe.
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Nice pictures, as usual, Chris. Like Sam, I noticed and appreciated that tiny bit of color within an otherwise monochrome scene.

Another ten inches is a lot of snow. Weather it well.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

I just happened to visit this thread this evening. The glance back to a time of cold and snow is very refreshing.

Our state just racked up the hottest average summer ever recorded for this state. I think I'm correct that Texas just established the record for the hottest summer for all states, ever recorded. My prayer is that this will never happen again. The past two summers here have been unbearable. Dangerously unbearable, and the drought in our part of the country is still occurring.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Re: Before the Storm

Post by brothers »

Looking back two years, after two summers that were horrible, this summer was one of the nicest in a very long time. Maybe only 2 or 3 days over 100, lots of cool healing rain. We're looking for a very pleasant fall.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Re: Before the Storm

Post by jww »

Fall in Ottawa has been unbelievably good. Temperatures around 18-21c, sun, light winds, and nice chilly nights. Perfect for cycling -- I have been enjoying it immensely.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?