Matsushiro Pottery

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
Araner

Matsushiro Pottery

Post by Araner »

While my wife and I were in Nagano over the 4th of July weekend we visited the place where Matsushiro pottery is made.

The Matsushiro factory is an old building that one could easly drive past without knowing what it is. The open door is the main entrance to the show room.

Once inside they have the pottery on display and everything has a price tag and is for sale.

My wife is checking the map for our next destination.

The Masushiro pottery is characterized as being simple in shape with the feeling of massiveness and grandness due to the earth ware type of clay they use and the natural glaze that is flame heated at 1200 degrees centigrade. No two pieces are exactly the same and they are heavy and durable.

Here are some pictures of the pieces I purchased.

A sake set (server and two cups).

Two tea cups.

A coffee cup.

All-in-all, I truly enjoyed visiting the factory. The employees we talked to were very enthusiastic about their work and the beautiful products they produce. If I’m ever in that area again I plan to visit them and pick up a few more pieces.

The End

Mike
SmallTank

Post by SmallTank »

just amazing!...keep the great journey pics coming..I'm lovin em

ST
Araner

Post by Araner »

SmallTank wrote:just amazing!...keep the great journey pics coming..I'm lovin em

ST
Thanks, ST, for the kind remark.

Regards,
Mike
brothers

Post by brothers »

Araner, I WANT one (or two) of those coffee cups! Thanks for sharing your great photos with us. You are fortunate to be able to travel around the countryside and see all of the interesting and beautiful features.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
SRD

Post by SRD »

Great photos. Thanks for sharing.
Dave