Madness - no, merely cautious

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
drmoss_ca
Admin

Madness - no, merely cautious

Post by drmoss_ca »

With film getting a little harder to find locally, it makes sense to order in bulk and online. Expiry dates are easily defeated with a freezer. Here are 182 rolls of film for medium format, 235 rolls of film for 35mm, and 1200 feet of bulk B&W film of various kinds for home loading into canisters. Powdered chemicals keep nicely in a freezer too, but the bottles of concentrates have to stay in a cold part of the basement.

It all looks so small and harmless, doesn't it? Lots of room to cram in some more!

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Post by AACJ »

You could stuff your stockpile of Williams shave soaps in there too if you wanted to fill up the dead space.
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

More, certainly more, the thing cries to be done.
Regards,
Squire
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

As long as you can still get it developed and you use film, it's a wise move.

I have freezered film myself, though not as much as you have. I don't know if I can even get the color film developed locally anymore. I can develop Tech Pan.

What a shame it has to be an either/or proposition, or so it seems. Film and film cameras have a lot of really good qualities, what a shame that it appears to be dying.

PM sent.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

curiosity from the casual camera user; does film really trump digital in these 2011 days? I would have thought that any advantage film had would by now have been discounted by technological advances. Anyway, another reason to love smf....learn something new everyday EG freezer use! :lol:

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum