Shaving at the Movies PICS

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
SittinBackJack

Post by SittinBackJack »

I don't have the DVD on me right now, but there are a couple different scenes in the Band of Brothers series that show shaving. One is where Joe Toye (I think) is using a straight to shape a mohawk before they jump on D-Day. The other is where Dick Winters is using a DE of some kind to shave in the woods near Bastogne. I'll hopefully get some pictures up tonight.
giammi

Post by giammi »

disposable wrote:Anyone seen Iron Man yet?

Theres a scene where Tony Stark is captured with some Doctor guy and Stark wakes up to the guy dry shaving with a DE razor.

giammi

Post by giammi »

Cary Grant in Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House (1948)
is shaving with a injector. Unfortunately I was not able
to import a few pictures.
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Re: "Blandings." I'll assume it's been linked before, but still fun:
http://www.shaveblog.com/blandings.swf
Ron
giammi

Post by giammi »

Not a movie but drawings by Wilhelm Busch

http://bugpowder.com/andy/e.busch.bb_399-barbier.html
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Watched "Being Julia" last night. Many people would say it is a bit slow, but the last twenty minutes are worth the wait. In it, Annette Bening is shown crossing Jermyn Street and entering the Floris shop. Oddly, once the camera cuts to the inside she is buying jewellery, not scent!

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Saw an episode of the Office last night.......must have been the latest episode. In any event, rather funny shaving scene. Unfortunately I cannot find a clip of just this scene and so this will have to suffice....scene starts about 10.59 and runs for about 3 minutes

http://www.hulu.com/watch/231544/the-of ... aining-day

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Went to see The Iron Lady yesterday evening. In the film there is a scene where an elderly Baroness Thatcher opens a medicine cabinet to reveal her late husband's toiletries. The camera for a moment clearly focuses on two glass shaker bottles from Geo F. Trumper, one of which is Eau de Quinine. It also shows a bottle of Eucris hair dressing at the back of the cabinet along with a DE razor, wooden shaving soap bowl and brush.

I wonder if Trumper had to paid for that product placement....