Crisp Sunday Morning in New England

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
GregPQ

Crisp Sunday Morning in New England

Post by GregPQ »

I know people have been experiencing searing heat and high humidity throughout much of the US, so I feel a little guilty posting this. Then again, maybe it will be a refreshing sight.

Taken at 8:30 this morning from my deck.
Greg
Fiat lux, et facta est lux. Que la lumière soit, et la lumière fut. Let there be light, and there was light.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

We have had a break from heat and humidity as well here in Ottawa -- we turned off the AC this morning -- and it's been incredibly pleasant all day.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Greg, here in Maine, today was an absolutely glorious day as well! High temp of 80°F and low humidity, fair weather clouds and nice blue sky. Oh, and a nice breeze is blowing as well just to make sure we're comfortable.

No finer summer day could exist.

Sorry about the folks in the heat, but we pay for these comfortable temperatures with our cold snowy winters. They get mild winters and pay for them with summer heat and humidity. That's just the way it is. Everyone makes choices.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

ShadowsDad wrote:...we pay for these comfortable temperatures with our cold snowy winters. They get mild winters and pay for them with summer heat and humidity. That's just the way it is. Everyone makes choices.
+1

I would not say that our summers are entirely comfortable either.
Wendell

changabang

Post by changabang »

It's now official: our mornings are getting MUCH crisper. (sigh) :cry:
James Nicks
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

changabang wrote:It's now official: our mornings are getting MUCH crisper. (sigh) :cry:
Yup --- but for me it isn't a sigh -- it's a smile. I by far prefer autumn to summer. I have difficulty with heat and humidity. 20C is about as warm as I like it. But in the fall, crips mornings and evenings, nice during the day, and when it rains .... I love it even more.
Wendell

changabang

Post by changabang »

Fall in New England is just fine: leaf peeping, apple picking, football, etc. I was thinking of what comes after.
James Nicks
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I don't mind winter all that much either to be honest. The past four years or so have all been pretty light for us --- less snow, not near as bitter cold. I am worried now after saying this that we are in for a doozy of a winter this year.
Wendell

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

greg: nice pic...thanks for posting

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

All my life I've loved Summer, but the last 2 or 3 have been killers. Can't go outside for more than a few minutes without feeling physically ill. I'm enjoying and looking forward to late September and October these days. Seems like near perfect weather every day.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
changabang

Post by changabang »

Time to move to the bracing North Country? Not really, but I've been to Okla. City in the summertime and it's HOT. A dry heat I didn't much like. And that was when I was a teenager.
James Nicks
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I'll take what I can get, It's beautiful here today.
Regards,
Squire
changabang

Post by changabang »

Very gusty here. Cold front coming in. Leaves blowing in every direction. Right now I'd rather be in Oklahoma. Or Mississippi.
James Nicks
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Magnificent crisp fall day today for what may turn out to be my last cycle of the season along the Ottawa River parkway. Couldn't resist stopping along route and taking these shots. Excuse the quality -- even the best mobile phone camera doesn't hold a candle to my e620 and certainly not to Chris' Leica shots.

Wendell

churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

Very pretty, Wendell.
_______
John
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

churchilllafemme wrote:Very pretty, Wendell.
We are very fortunate to live in a beautiful area with 4 full and proper seasons. The Ottawa River Parkway is my favourite cycle ride -- it takes me around 35 minutes to get all the way downtown to Parliament Hill (our equivalent of Capitol Hill in DC). Along the way, it's a fabulous ride past the National Aviation museum, a few small marinas, through Rockliffe Park, etc. Just a gorgeous ride. And I drive it to work whenever I go into my office downtown as well -- can't get enough of the beauty of this area.
Wendell

brothers

Post by brothers »

Wendell, you're very fortunate to have access to this beautiful place. Thanks for sharing this here. While looking at the pictures I can sort of feel the cool edge of the early fall breeze and the warmth of the sun at the same time.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

brothers wrote:Wendell, you're very fortunate to have access to this beautiful place. Thanks for sharing this here. While looking at the pictures I can sort of feel the cool edge of the early fall breeze and the warmth of the sun at the same time.
This was manifest as I rode along under the sporadic shade of the tall trees which line the parkway. When coming out into the sun, there was a distinct warmth across my body to counter the chilliness and brace of the ride-induced increase in wind chill. We love Ottawa, and I can't believe that some years ago I was thinking of pursuing an opportunity to leave the area. Stupid, stupid, stupid.... :roll:
Wendell