Three Portraits

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
drmoss_ca
Admin

Three Portraits

Post by drmoss_ca »

I spent the weekend in Toronto (amusingly it was only the sixth time this year I have left the village, and three previous trips were for dental appointments. I need a life, as my dentist told me.) But, for consolation I was able to take the first Leica M Monochrom in Canada with me on the trip. This is a digital camera with a monochrome sensor; no Bayer filter, no averaging of pixels, much greater resolution. It also has no anti-alias filter on the sensor, which means I might have to deal with some moiré in post-processing, but this is actually rare and again there is a further resolution gain. Coloured filters (yellow, orange, red, green) can be used to alter the spectral sensitivity just as they used to be in the days of B&W film. No colour mixing in monochrome conversion here, as you might be used to with a normal digital camera; get it right when you take it, or lose it. At the end of it all, such pixel peeping counts for naught, and capturing of souls is all that matters. Three humble efforts follow.

Pippa looking thoughtful, Leica M Monochrom, Summarit 75, f2.5, orange filter.

Our glamorous friend, Lucy, glowing more because of her 37 weeks' gestation rather than the supposed 'Leica glow'. Leica M Monochrom, Summilux 35 ASPH, yellow filter.

Zach, a wise and worldly jeweler who has come through his family's diaspora from Armenia, to the middle east and now in Toronto. Whatever you want, he can make it by hand and it will be perfect. Leica M Monochrom, Summilux 35 ASPH, yellow filter.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Wonderful.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
brothers

Post by brothers »

=D> very nice Chris.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Dale

Post by Dale »

Excellent, Chris. Thank you very much.
Regards,
Dale
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Inspiring Chris, simply inspiring.
Regards,
Squire
changabang

Post by changabang »

Reminds me of Kodak B&W film, which I miss dearly. I think portraits show more detail in b&w, and are more impressive, overall. Good job. Even better, considering it's not film.
James Nicks
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Amazing detail Chris, thanks for sharing.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."