Waiting for the next train to come

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
Araner

Waiting for the next train to come

Post by Araner »

I ride the train quite often in my daily life and I thoroughly enjoy it. Every train station seems to have its own personality and I frequently will snap a shot of the people standing with me on the platform waiting for the next arrival. These pictures were taken between Yokosuka and Yokohama Japan.

Hope you enjoyed!
Mike
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Fab -- love the randomness of the composition, yet each photo seemed to just pull me in.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Araner

Post by Araner »

jww wrote:Fab -- love the randomness of the composition, yet each photo seemed to just pull me in.
Wendell, you've made my day! Thank you for the kind comment.

Mike
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Araner wrote:
jww wrote:Fab -- love the randomness of the composition, yet each photo seemed to just pull me in.
Wendell, you've made my day! Thank you for the kind comment.

Mike
I think my favourite is the single warden with the mask on --- it just mesmerized me from my very first glance, especially since her eyes are clearly looking away from the line of the lens at the train while everyone else is oblivious to her. Very neat random moment that's hard to catch at the right moment.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

nobody stands near the edge of the platform?? very un amerikan :lol: :lol:

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

and on topic?

http://observer.com/2013/03/to-do-tuesd ... ising-sun/

It’s Japan Week, and Grand Central Terminal, which is turning 100 this year, is partnering up with Tokyo Station for a “Japanese pop-up bar” in the Vanderbilt Hall that is not just about doing sake bombs. There will be exquisite ekiben bento boxes—fancy to-go meals that are served all over Japan at transportation hubs and are more Masa than McDonalds. Thirsty for a buzz? There will be traditional tachinomiya, or standing bars, selling jizake, a local sake or rice wine. And for aspiring show-offs or Sephora junkies, there is a geisha makeup demonstration by Ms. Satomi Shiroma, one among only 10 masters of this art in all of Japan. The event runs for three days, but we suggest you practice pronouncing arigato (lost in translation? It means “thank you”) and get there early before all the sake has been slurped up.
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

Thanks for the great photos! I can almost hear the sounds. I like the one that shows the sun shining brightly down. I'll probably never find myself in a US train station or subway, and all I've ever seen are photos of very dark tunnels.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444