Seascapes

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
Lyrt

Seascapes

Post by Lyrt »

Too much work, recently. I often go to the sea just to hear it and relax, like many people do. Post yours.

In reality, it looks a lot like this :

CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Yukio, these are outstanding! The use of time exposure in some of them gives them an abstract ethereal quality that would seem to lift one into a higher state of consciousness. These are beautiful.

- Murray
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

As always... amazing.
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Thank you!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Lyrt

Post by Lyrt »

Ravi and Gary, thank you! Murray, the waters were quite agitated that day and the wind was so strong I was almost blown away. Oh, and spindrifts are not a good thing for your lenses and filters (here a ND400).
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Ocean Park Maine in Saco Bay - our favourite beach which we frequent yearly. The first is actually near the boat launch at Biddeford Pool, the rest from OP, with the last few shots post-Hurricane Sandy from last fall -- it was a wild and windy couple of days hunkered down in our B&B at the ocean's front.

Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Lyrt

Post by Lyrt »

Wendell, I like that beach and the moody atmosphere. However, I would straighten the horizon and use a polarizing filter to get rid of the reflections on the sea. Also, I tend to massacre colours in my photographs. For instance, here's the kind of things I'd do with your photograph (of course, that's totally personal, some people prefer colour accuracy):

And on my side of the pond… Spring is here! Taken with my P&S. French Riviera.

jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Interesting, thanks for the suggestions - the look is quite complimentary to my original composition.

Alas, I am a purist and don't like to do much of anything beyond a bit of correction on the rare occasion. strive to get the best out of camera natural look that I can. Call me simple, I know.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?