The Dancing Girls of Noge

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
Araner

The Dancing Girls of Noge

Post by Araner »

I attended a street festival in the Noge district of Yokohama City. There were a lot street entertainers; some were very good; some were even brilliant! Enter the dancing girls:

They were a real crowd pleaser.

All the best,
Mike
brothers

Post by brothers »

Looks like a lot of fun Mike. I get a kick out of the differences in people. For example, and this is not a negative, just an observation about differences. In the final photo of the girls, the camera is clearly focused on the faces of everyone in the crowd. Nobody, not a one, is smiling and acting like many crowds to which I am accustomed to seeing. I'm sure they're taking the performance seriously, they're not unhappy, just focused on the performers. Great study, something to think about. I love it!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Araner

Post by Araner »

brothers wrote:Looks like a lot of fun Mike. I get a kick out of the differences in people. For example, and this is not a negative, just an observation about differences. In the final photo of the girls, the camera is clearly focused on the faces of everyone in the crowd. Nobody, not a one, is smiling and acting like many crowds to which I am accustomed to seeing. I'm sure they're taking the performance seriously, they're not unhappy, just focused on the performers. Great study, something to think about. I love it!
Hi Gary! Yeah, that's a typical crowd in Japan. When people here go to a concert or a performance of some sort they usually observe very politely and respectfully and wait for the end to burst into applause. If the entertainer wants to work the crowd they can be coaxed into participating.

If you check out my blog you can see some shots of some talented African performers; they got the crowd to even sing along with them.

http://yokosukamike.blogspot.jp/

Regards,
Mike