China by Leica

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
celar36

China by Leica

Post by celar36 »

Hi Guys,

As some of you know I tend to travel a lot to China and as I said I am being push to move there. This year in 3 weeks time we are going for a month to China for Family/Honeymoon purposes.

We will be traveling from Beijing to Hong Kong via many beautiful places and guess what? Yes I had been given Leica M9 by my friend for this trip. My dream camera!
I had been photographing for last 15 years ( I am 25y now)

When I have pictures I will share with you in this post:)
Best Wishes,
Jack
Jack
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: China by Leica

Post by drmoss_ca »

Great! Have you some M lenses to take?

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
celar36

Post by celar36 »

All supplied by my friend. Funny thing she dont even know what she have, so when my wife and me come to China and she will pass it over I will know. One thing she said "please put it back on auto, when you finish" :D Ahhh I keep telling her just donate this camera to me 8)
Jack
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Mmmm - Leica.....
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Jack,
Jono Slack took his M Monochrom and his M(240) to China when he was testing them out for Leica, and his pics can be found here.

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
celar36

Post by celar36 »

This is very nice, thank you for sharing. I mostly use my old Nikon FM3a and 50mnn 1.8 lens. I personally prefer B&W photography as they have for me more personal touch. When I come back from work I will post some of my pictures from previous trip to China.
Jack
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

Jack,

I am looking forward to your pix from China. Especially the B&W ones. I love B&W photography and did a good bit of it when I was younger. No longer really take pix on purpose other than some of the family at holiday time and of client properties for my work.

When I was taking photography and even to this day I began to look at the subject and the background in shades of grey rather than in the colors. Of course colors where important because it sometimes made me think even more in shades of grey and some colors though naturally different where very similar when looked at as shades of grey.

Thanks too Chris for the link to the pix from China. Just love stuff like that in B&W.

Have a safe trip to China Jack and I hope that by now you have learned to use chopsticks. :D
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum
celar36

Post by celar36 »

ohh Chopsticks I dont have a choice my wife is Chinese so she forced me:)

My last trip:

My wife:

Mind you there is now photoshop used in this photos most of them comes as it is from film development. In 3 picture I adjust colours slightly only.
Jack
brothers

Post by brothers »

Jack, you're an excellent photographer, with the right equipment, and in a wonderful place for photos. Thank you for sharing these.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
celar36

Post by celar36 »

This year trip preview:)
Jack
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Looking forward to the rest!

Chris