Stand Development

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
ShadowsDad

Re: Stand Development

Post by ShadowsDad »

Thanks! I know not to throw it out then. I might have.

What a shame that it's no longer made! I'll make a decision on it soon. I could certainly use the room in the freezer. I have all kinds of Kodachrome (25 and 64 asa? 35mm and larger format) and such also. I know that hasn't been made in years. I probably should inventory the freezer.

In some ways I miss film.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Thanks for the explanation, Chris. I was also unaware of the differences between XP2 and BW400CN (base colors and type of printing paper).

- Murray
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I'm afraid the Kodachrome isn't going to be much use; the very last lab to develop it stopped doing so about 18 months ago. There are rumours of a third party reintroducing it (like the Impossible Film project and Polaroid) but nothing definite. If that happened there would have to be some way of developing it. It is possible, I am told, to develop it in B&W chemicals and get a monochrome image but I have no experience of treating Kodachrome this way. Google details here.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace