Olympus TG-3

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
jww
Woolly Bully

Olympus TG-3

Post by jww »

I haven't taken an pics yet - but my TG-3 did arrive today, and it's just charging it now. I'll be able to take it with me next week to Halifax where I will be away on business and hope to be able to try it out a bit. It'll then come down with us to Maine a couple of weeks from now when I'll hopefully be able to really put it through its paces on the beach and in the sun and surf.
While it won't give the IQ of other many P&S cameras, and these types of cameras still don't do RAW (biggest disappointment to be honest), it's still an ideal addition to my kit bag. Think of it -- waterproof, shock/crush proof, cold-proof (down to -10 C) and accessories that make all but the Nikon AW-1 pale in comparison. It's truly pocketable which will be handy in the cold and wet of Yorkshire and Derbyshire in the fall. Who says it's gonna rain then you ask? C'mon, it's England! :D
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Olympus TG-3

Post by drmoss_ca »

A digital version of the much-loved Olympus XA?

Have fun in Halifax - there are several lovely restaurants there. I like Geo in the Prince George hotel.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

drmoss_ca wrote:A digital version of the much-loved Olympus XA?

Have fun in Halifax - there are several lovely restaurants there. I like Geo in the Prince George hotel.

Chris
Thx Chris -- I go there so much for work, it's all a blur --- usually we do our client dining at The Bicycle Thief cos it's close to the main hotels where they stay. Plus it's probably the best restaurant in town. OK, so I am biased.

So the XA wasn't waterproof, etc. but it was quite the decent package. I loved Oly, but when I bought my Nikon, didn't appreciate the brand. My FM has been fabulous, admittedly.
Wendell

drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Should I get to Halifax for such things again, I will try the Bicycle Thief.

Last time I was there I had my son with me. I was attending a course in the daytime and he was on his spring break. We went to all three Indian restaurants we could find on consecutive nights. Three! Pathetic, I know. Sometimes I miss London.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

drmoss_ca wrote:We went to all three Indian restaurants we could find on consecutive nights. Three! Pathetic, I know. Sometimes I miss London.

Chris
Come to Roanoke. We have two. There are days I miss Washington (that is pathetic).
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

drmoss_ca wrote:Should I get to Halifax for such things again, I will try the Bicycle Thief.

Last time I was there I had my son with me. I was attending a course in the daytime and he was on his spring break. We went to all three Indian restaurants we could find on consecutive nights. Three! Pathetic, I know. Sometimes I miss London.

Chris
We were in the Lake District with my sister-in-law and her family quite a few years ago. There was a small Indian restaurant her husband was interested in going into. A couple appearing to be from India looked at the menu judiciously and then quickly turned and walked on. My brother-in-law quickly observed "Well, if they aren't eating there, neither are we -- they must know something that we don't." We decided on a pub instead.
Wendell

Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Hmm, looks like it would fit nicely into my Christmas stocking.
Regards,
Squire
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Squire wrote:Hmm, looks like it would fit nicely into my Christmas stocking.
+1

It's a really good size -- and the water-crush-weather proofness is just what I needed.
Wendell