My world in black & white

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
CMur12

Re: My world in black & white

Post by CMur12 »

Gene, your Nikon lenses will work for a film body if they are FX (full-frame) lenses. If they are DX lenses (APS-C format), they are designed to provide a sharp image over a smaller area and they won't have adequate coverage for a standard 35mm frame.

Another consideration is that the newer Nikon lenses don't have aperture rings, so, if you have such newer lenses and you buy a film body, it will need to be a new enough film body to function without an aperture ring on the lens. If your Nikon lenses do have their own aperture rings, you have a much broader range of film bodies available to you.

- Murray
Gene

Re: My world in black & white

Post by Gene »

Hi Murray,

Yeah the lines are a lot more blurred with Nikon than with Canon. I have a 50mm 1.8 and the 18-70 AF-S G that look like they will be compatible with something like the F100 or the less expensive N80.

Back on topic - Mike - thanks for the heads-up - formal occasions - that's really interesting. Do the men do something for formal times, too? I don't think I've seen anything in your art that covers that.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore