Panasonic Leica DG Nocticron 42.5mm f1.2 Lens

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
Araner

Panasonic Leica DG Nocticron 42.5mm f1.2 Lens

Post by Araner »

An exercise in shallow depth of field with the Panasonic Leica DG Nocticron 42.5mm f1.2. The Nocticron is a Micro Four Thirds system lens and 42.5mm is the equivalent of an 85mm lens on a 35mm camera. These are some examples of what the lens is capable of doing.

The autofocus is fast, I shot these on the fly at f2.

You can put the focal plane exactly where you want it (which is on the ladies smart phone).

Slightly out of focus for a soft touch on the child’s face.

Tightened up the aperture a little for this one.

A horse is a horse, of course of course.

Nice soft background at f2.8

Wide open on these

So, I’m very pleased with the lens. And, despite the price I’m glad I bought it.

Product image from Panasonic

Regards,
Mike
jww
Woolly Bully

Re: Panasonic Leica DG Nocticron 42.5mm f1.2 Lens

Post by jww »

I like the peek into the bistro the best. The final shot is a great example of what this lens is capable of close-up. Nice results.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Araner

Post by Araner »

jww wrote:I like the peek into the bistro the best. The final shot is a great example of what this lens is capable of close-up. Nice results.
Wendell, the bistro shot is my favorite of the bunch too. Thank you for taking the time to look and comment, it's much appreciated.

Regards,
Mike
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

These are very successful/effective portraits. I would not have expected such limited depth-of-field with such a short focal length, but it obviously is possible because of the large apertures.

- Murray
Araner

Post by Araner »

CMur12 wrote:These are very successful/effective portraits. I would not have expected such limited depth-of-field with such a short focal length, but it obviously is possible because of the large apertures.

- Murray
Murray, thanks for taking the time to look and comment. The Nocticron is probably one of the nicest autofocus lenses I've ever bought. I plan to get a lot of use out of it.

Regards,
Mike