Let the party begin!

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
Araner

Let the party begin!

Post by Araner »

Every year when the cherry trees start to blossom it’s a party along the ookagawa river. Venders set up their tents and sell food and drinks and people walk along the river and enjoy the beauty of the blossoms. I went last Sunday to check it out.

The blossoms are at about 50% toward full bloom. They should reach their peak by this coming weekend.

I enjoy seeing all the people as much as the blossoms

The venders sell all sorts of tasty food

Yakisoba

Yakitori

Everyone is having a good time!

Nobody seems to mind it being so overcast

Like I said, I enjoy seeing all the people as much as I do the blossoms.

When these trees reach their peak this scene will be amazing.

Hope you enjoyed!
Mike
CMur12

Re: Let the party begin!

Post by CMur12 »

I was delighted to see the Brazilian flag in one of your pictures. A lot of Japanese migrated to Brazil, whose culture is probably the farthest possible from culture in Japan, and they have done very well there.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

Great job Mike. Here's what I saw --- she turns to catch a quick glance at someone who may be taking a sly snapshot in her direction, she's thinking "why's he doing that!" as she instinctively places her hand on her backside in a protective reaction, just in case ---
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Araner

Post by Araner »

CMur12 wrote:I was delighted to see the Brazilian flag in one of your pictures. A lot of Japanese migrated to Brazil, whose culture is probably the farthest possible from culture in Japan, and they have done very well there.

- Murray
Hi Murray, yes, there is some kind of connection between Brazil and Japan. Samba dancing is extremely popular here with numerous festivals every year. There's a large population of Brazilians living here in Japan and as you mentioned there's a lot of Japanese living in Brazil. The area around the Ookagawa river is home to many different nationalities; and that's a good thing because there's a lot of restaurants run by them serving their ethnic food.

Regards,
Mike
Araner

Post by Araner »

brothers wrote: Here's what I saw --- she turns to catch a quick glance at someone who may be taking a sly snapshot in her direction, she's thinking "why's he doing that!" as she instinctively places her hand on her backside in a protective reaction, just in case ---
Gary, you're close to the truth. As a people person I noticed here immediately. I had a 50mm manual focus lens on my digital camera and she was fairly close to me with her back turned to me. I pointed my camera at her and focused but I didn't take a picture because I consider it bad form to take pictures of people from the back. With the camera still at my eye I thought to myself "I wish she'd turn around" and at that very moment she struck the pose you see. I actually don't think she even noticed me. I've been doing this sort of "street photography" for quite a while and I think I've gotten a way of walking through a crowd taking pictures as I go without people even noticing me. It's probably also helpful that I'm always polite, never intimidating or aggressive and I have my own code of conduct on how to behave while taking people pictures.

All the best,
Mike
Last edited by Araner on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

Beautiful pictures, Mike! I do love me some yakisoba.
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage
brothers

Post by brothers »

Mike, your pictures all seem to tell a story. I can tell that you truly have connections with your subjects. Again, thank you!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444