Pentax MZ-S

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
drmoss_ca
Admin

Pentax MZ-S

Post by drmoss_ca »

The last Pentax film SLR ever made, and a bit smaller, lighter and faster in the AF department than my SF1's. Frankly, it's silly to have a separate thread as the lenses, film and development are just the same as used with the SF1 body. What the hell - three portraits from my last ever weekend-morning-so-let's-annoy-the-nurses-and-doctors session. MZ-S, 100mm/f2.8 and 50mm/f1.4, Ilford XP2, Kodak HC-110, Hasselblad X1 scans:

Pippa 2015 #32 by chrism229, on Flickr

Khaled by chrism229, on Flickr

Mike by chrism229, on Flickr

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Pentax MZ-S

Post by drmoss_ca »

A wrecked lobster boat:

Shipwreck by chrism229, on Flickr

Filletted by chrism229, on Flickr

Flotsam by chrism229, on Flickr

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Pentax MZ-S

Post by drmoss_ca »

And just for fun, I spent a few rolls of film seeing if C-41 (ie current colour negative film) development could be done at room temperature, rather than at the usual 102ºF/38.5ºC. It can, but there's a catch - the time it takes to heat the solutions up to the standard 38.5ºC is less than the development time at 20ºC - which is 50 minutes, with 30 seconds agitation every ten minutes. There is also a pronounced purple colour cast on the negative, requiring a raw scan on the Nikon 9000 and use of the ColorPerfect filter in Photoshop. My usual scanner, the Hasselblad X1 could not cope with the weird colours. Proof of concept:

C-41 Semistand #13 by chrism229, on Flickr
Pentax MZ-S, SMC Takumar 100mm'f2.8, Fuji Superia 400, Unicolor presskit, Nikon 9000 scan.

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace