Groovebook - something new for smartphone photos

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
brothers

Groovebook - something new for smartphone photos

Post by brothers »

This isn't a high tech photography product. Just the opposite. It was a huge hit on SharkTank and is an example of an app that makes sense for those hundreds of millions of us who take pictures of anything and everything with our smartphones. For around $4 per month, it asks the user to download up to 100 photos and within a few days, the user receives a booklet containing prints of all the designated photos. It works. In my case, I seldom rack up that many pictures, but I could easily do it with all these little grandkids and stuff. It's as easy as pie. They automatically debit the user's designated account every month unless the user cancels the subscription at any time.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Re: Groovebook - something new for smartphone photos

Post by fallingwickets »

the rabbit hole aka photography :D
de gustibus non est disputandum
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I'll just forward the shots directly and bypass the middle man.
Regards,
Squire
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

ive seen some of these books, and while forwarding pics goes without saying, sometimes you want to put together a nice 'gift' of photos.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

FYI....
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-bigg ... es-2015-12

Husband-and-wife team Brian and Julie Whiteman came into the tank in Season 3 to present GrooveBook, a digital-photo subscription service. For $2.99 a month, users get a bound book of high-resolution photos they took with their smartphones. The founders made a deal with Cuban and O'Leary for $150,000 in exchange for 80% of licensing profits, with O'Leary taking the lead advisory role.

Not only did the Whitemans gain 50,000 subscribers shortly after the premiere of their episode, but last November, the publicly traded company Shutterfly bought GrooveBook for $14.5 million.

clive