Howto: Posting Links & Pictures

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Howto: Posting Links & Pictures

Post by rtaylor61 »

I'm pretty computer savvy, but posting a link on SMF with "Click Here" or whatever you want the verbage to say was beyond me. I've seen it explained numerous times...just couldn't get it down. But tonight, Nott make it clear, turned on the lighbulb over my head. So, to help any others with this, I'm stealing his description and posting it here.

Randy
notthesharpest wrote:To do the "here" thing, you hit the URL button and then type an equal sign and the address inside the first brackets, like this:

Code: Select all

[url=http://nowhere.loopback.edu/]
then you type the words you want people to click on, outside the brackets, like this:

[url=http://nowhere.loopback.edu/]this address goes nowhere!
then you hit the URL button again to get the closing tag:

[url=http://nowhere.loopback.edu/]this address goes nowhere![/url]
Follow these great instructions, and you wind up with:

this address goes nowhere!

Nott, I thank you, and so will many others!
Last edited by rtaylor61 on Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

Thank you, Randy. It's been shown to me twice and I'd forgotten how to do it each time, and it was too time consuming to search for the instructions again. Now I know where to look.

Dave T
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Thanks, I also just couldn't get it straight.

Cliff
"Everything that can be invented, has been invented."
-Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of Patents, 1899.
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

Actually,

Tip your hats to Tony Espo for suggesting this be a sticky, and to Nott! He sent the instructions and I just followed them. Glad it is helpful.

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Posting pics is as easy or as difficult as you make it. Just a few simple steps:

1. Once you have uploaded your pic to your computer (I prefer a 480-640 size), upload your pic to the Gallery by clicking the "Gallery" icon at the top of the page, then clicking on "Upload File" link.

2. Click the "Browse" button to locate the pic on your computer. You can actually upload up to 5 pics at a time. Select the pic you want to upload, then click "Continue".

3. Fill in the File Title and File Description (if you so desire). Click "Continue" and you should receive a "File Uploaded Successfully" message.

You are almost done.

You should now see a Gallery Main Page, including your newly uploaded pic. Now...

4. Click on your newly uploaded picture. This will open up a larger view.
Right click on the picture, which will open an option box. In the option box, left click on Properties, and you will now see the URL of your enlarged picture. Copy the URL.

5. Now for the part that seems to be the trickiest! Once you are either creating a new thread or replying to a thread, once you have opened up the message box, click on the "Img" button at the top of the box. Paste the URL into the box, and then once again click on the "Img" box.

6. Scroll down and click the "Preview" button. The refreshed screen should now include your pic!

If you have any questions, PM me. I'm no expert, but I promise I will do my best to assist you.

Randy

---

For Mac users, follow Randy's instructions until #4. After clicking on your picture in the gallery to open it in a larger view, control-click on the larger picture and select Copy Image Address if using Safari, or Copy Image Location if using Firefox (you get the idea if you are on another browser).
Now follow Randy's instructions again from #5 - the image's address is in your clipboard.

Chris
Richard
river1

Post by river1 »

rtaylor61 wrote:Actually,

Tip your hats to Tony Espo for suggesting this be a sticky, and to Nott! He sent the instructions and I just followed them. Glad it is helpful.

Randy
Thank you Randy and Tony; I usually drag and drop a picture to my screen then start clicking on browse/open/download and any other button that looks important until the message tells me to wait. This puts a step by step instruction in hand. It usually takes about 45 seconds to download each picture; don't know if that is good or slow. :D
Nothing will be accomplished if first all objections must be overcome...
river1

Post by river1 »

Ah, here it is and I need to read this again........and again :oops:y
Nothing will be accomplished if first all objections must be overcome...