Summer finch meets winter finch

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
drmoss_ca
Admin

Summer finch meets winter finch

Post by drmoss_ca »

An "American" goldfinch just coming through moult and beginning to develop full yellow breeding colours looks down on his northern cousin, a common redpoll, who himself had no red breast ten days ago. It's fascinating how quickly seasonal colours can change. Last winter I watched a snowshoe hare in the garden go from white to brown in about ten days.

Could be a caption contest as to what is being said: "Whaddya mean, 'Don't poop on me'?"
Upstairs Downstairs.jpg
Upstairs Downstairs.jpg (93.64 KiB) Viewed 8583 times
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
EL Alamein

Re: Summer finch meets winter finch

Post by EL Alamein »

Caption: You're done your money is on the dresser, get out (supposedly a Sinatra quote).

Chris
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

those feather blades are so good
de gustibus non est disputandum
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

on the subject of birds, over the the last week or so the garden is filling fast and furiously with them.....what a magical time. Also, the insects etc are starting to get their act together. Last night for the first time since last year I opened the window at bedtime. What a symphony. My partner is in vegas for a cher concert. I sent a text with a 10 second clip saying cher will never sound as good as this...i truly believe it.

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Clive, yes, a beautiful time. I love Spring except for the bugs, they can go to hell for all I care.

Chris