Safety Razor of the Day

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
brothers

Re: Safety Razor of the Day

Post by brothers » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:35 pm

Finished off 30 great shaves with the Kai blade today. The General gets a month off if all goes according to plan. I'm hoping to shave every day of July with one of 15 of my favorite straight razors. I'm eager to see how tomorrow goes.
Gary

SOTD 99%: soaps & creams, synthetic & badger brushes, General V2 by Colonial, Kai & Schick blades, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444

brothers

Post by brothers » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:16 am

So far so good with the daily straight razors. After 6 consecutive days, considering the stress a straight razor places on skin that's not used to it, I used the Noxzema/Kai twin blade disposable this morning.
Gary

SOTD 99%: soaps & creams, synthetic & badger brushes, General V2 by Colonial, Kai & Schick blades, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444

brothers

Post by brothers » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:29 am

Still giving the face a break, this morning's razor was the Noxzema/Kai twin blade disposable.
I've got 9 more straight razors I want to use this month, so there's no rush about the daily routine.
Why a disposable? I needed something not known for smooth and close shaves.
The disposables reduce the stubble while remaining comfortable on the skin.
Gary