SOTD September 25-October 1

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
alchemist

Post by alchemist »

crackstar wrote:Tye, you're going to laugh at me, we have 2 bathrooms in our place, one for me, and one for my wife. All my shaving gear, deodorants, moisturizers, colognes, etc are in my bathroom, which is the bigger one and wifey has to struggle with the smaller bathroom for her make-ups and other cosmetics. :lol: :wink:

Jeff
How on earth did you manage to get the bigger bathroom? Your wife is obviously not a JAP! :)
Best,
-Mahesh
alchemist

Post by alchemist »

Coche_y_bondhu wrote:Hello All,

This week's theme is Brushless. So to kick off the week, today was Barbasol brushless (lilac-scent) with some Lustray Lilac AS as a chaser. Razor all week will be one of my long-handles ladies' Gillette DE with a Feather blade. And of course, PSO.

Patrick, you are like many members in that you like the Arko soap over the Arko creams. So do I.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

A whole week Brushless :shock: ? Tell me you've bone fishing for the week. BTW, i couldn't find the PSO in the pic.
Best,
-Mahesh
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Richard
alchemist

Post by alchemist »

Alright smart alec photographer :) , now you've peaked my interest. I have been experimenting with Indian made hair oils lately, what is this olive thing you've got?
Best,
-Mahesh
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

no, she's not, Mahesh, I'm the JAP! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeff
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

oh, before I forget, Mahesh, our niece is a JIT--that's a JAP in training! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Jeff
With The Grain
Gillette Aficionado

Post by With The Grain »

Monday:

Nair
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

alchemist wrote:Alright smart alec photographer :) , now you've peaked my interest. I have been experimenting with Indian made hair oils lately, what is this olive thing you've got?
Best,
Mahesh, I had you in mind while taking that photograph, notice how the only thing is focus is the lowly hair dressing!

I picked it up today and have just used it, so the jury is still out. It is heavier and has more shine than Bryl, the North American one anyway. Either that, or I used too much (I just used a small dab!). Light hold, very conditioning, classic barbershop scent. I like it, yes, I've decided. Longevity has yet to be determined, but I have no doubt that it would last all day.

Just to add, it is made by Canadian Booster, the same company that makes JM Fraser, Booster Lanolin Hair Cream, etc.
Last edited by rustyblade on Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

With The Grain wrote:Monday:

Nair

:lol: :lol: :lol:
alchemist

Post by alchemist »

Austin wrote:
With The Grain wrote:Monday:

Nair

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:)
-Mahesh
wenestvedt

Post by wenestvedt »

All right, rustyblade Richard: if you use all these hair treatments, are you making do with what little remains (like me), or do you have a towering pompadour, or what? Your avatar isn't very informative! Crank up that fancy camera and show us -- from the hairline up -- what you've got to work with.
alchemist

Post by alchemist »

crackstar wrote:oh, before I forget, Mahesh, our niece is a JIT--that's a JAP in training! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Jeff
Jeff, i know all about JAPs and JITs; my university in the 80's was Boston University (or BU or "BJew"as it was sarcastically know as), and they were definitely the hottest women on campus; alas, if only i knew then what i know now about dating and human nature. :)
Best
-Mahesh
Rich53

Post by Rich53 »

1970 Gillette long handle adjustable
Gillette swedish blade
Chubby #2
T&H Trafalgar
Rosehip seed oil
Baxter's aftershave balm
Rich

Do not give up before the miracle happens.
alchemist

Post by alchemist »

rustyblade wrote:Image
Olive oil with a classic barbershop scent? Maybe i do need to visit that arctic tundra of a land mass you call a country :shock: :) !
Most of the prepared dressings, including Brylcreem which i love, have mineral oil as the main component. I'm now experimenting with Indian hair oils containing mineral, coconut, castor and almond oils and indian herbs that supposedly are good for the hair. I will write about them in the hair forum when i have used them more extensively and when i have more time. The problem is that mineral oil is not nourishing to the hair like the other oils; olive is certainly one of the good oils. Remember, i got some Indian Brylcreem for you if you can't find any up there; just say the word, though it'll have to wait for 2 weeks as i have 2 hellish weeks coming up, with a possible root canal. Alright, too much info.
Best,
-Mahesh
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

wenestvedt wrote:All right, rustyblade Richard: if you use all these hair treatments, are you making do with what little remains (like me), or do you have a towering pompadour, or what? Your avatar isn't very informative! Crank up that fancy camera and show us -- from the hairline up -- what you've got to work with.
Ok, I'll take a full head shot, just because you asked:

Richard
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Richard, nice mullet. :lol:
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Monday:

Gillette '40s Superspeed & Tesco blade
Simpson Tulip #3
D R Harris's Almond shaving cream
D R Harris's shave stick
D R Harris's A/S Milk ( old version )
D R Harris's Classic Cologne

Obviously, a D R Harris's sort of day.
Gordon
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Tuesday evening...

Post by rtaylor61 »

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Tuesday:

Omega brush
Dovo straight razor
Erasmic shaving soap
St-Ives Intensive Relief Moisturizer
Thierry Mugler A Men edt

a most delightful shave! :D :D

Jeff
wenestvedt

Post by wenestvedt »

Awwwwwww yeeeah, Canadian mullet!

Tuesday shave:
- Merkur HD w/Feather blade
- J.M. Fraser's whale-tallow mullet-shaping paste and shaving cream
- A few dabs of G.F. Trumper Limes Skin Food

Since my face doesn't seem as tender lately, I have been skipping the Skin Food. Today after I shaved and rinsed I tried dabbing on Skin Food on just a few irritated spots (instead of covering my whole face), but it wasn't as useful as I had hoped. I guess it's all or nothing.