SOTD October 9th thru October 15th

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

Richard, thanks for the report on Arko. I have a sample of Citrus and it does have a fabulous scent. My first few shaves weren't that great with it, and I attributed it to a difference in the cream. But later shaves were just as good as the others. So it looks like I'm going to "have to" buy another couple of tubes of Arko. Right now I have tubes of Normal and Commando and samples of Lemon and Cool. I will definitely pick up Citrus and probably either Cool or Sensitive. I'm leaning towards Cool, as I'm not as keen on the Sensitive scent, though others seem to love it.

Looking forward to hearing about your Taylor week.

Dave

Oh yeah.... Friday's shave:

Taylor Lemon & Lime
Vufix #2234 superbadger brush
Gold hefty-handle Gillette Tech razor
Personna blade
Proraso aftershave balm
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Andrew, Okay, that about enough mit the Trumper razor! You have a PM, sir!

Friday:
Gillette TV Superspeed & Swedish Gillette blade
Plisson White #14
Trumper's Rose hard shaving soap
D R Harris's shave stick
D R Harris's A/S Milk ( old formula )
Trumper's Spanish Leather

Gordon
alchemist

Post by alchemist »

bernards66 wrote:Andrew, Okay, that about enough mit the Trumper razor! You have a PM, sir!

Friday:
Gillette TV Superspeed & Swedish Gillette blade
Plisson White #14
Trumper's Rose hard shaving soap
D R Harris's shave stick
D R Harris's A/S Milk ( old formula )
Trumper's Spanish Leather

Gordon
Gordon, seems like you're becoming a serious shave soap fan recently rather than a cream man. :? Any truth to this?
Regards,
-Mahesh
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

A.....er.....well, I don't know as I'd say that exactly. I've used hard shave soaps for over twenty years, the creams only for maybe six years or so, regularly, anyway. I use them both, but creams mostly these days. I recently got a cake of Trumpers Rose soap, so I've been using it a bit ( got one in Almond as well, but haven't opened that one ). These are two soaps that I used to use, but haven't the last few years. Also, I hadn't used my Plisson brush in awhile, and I use it mostly for soaps. So, with one thing and another, there has been a upsurge in my soap useage of late. But, it's not a permanant thing.
Regards,
Gordon
alchemist

Post by alchemist »

Should'a known you'd be up at this time. Glad you cleared that up as i had noticed quite a bit of soap usage recently. I love soaps too, but they are generally a bit messier (not ideal for a Virgo) and offer less protection, hence i favor the creams a little more.
Thanks,
-Mahesh
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

Saturday
Hot Shower No Scrub

Shavemac Silvertip
C&E Sweet Almond Oil Cream
Gillette English Rocket
Israeli Persona 2nd shave
3 Pass

Neutrogena Razor Defense ASB
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
soulshine

Post by soulshine »

saturday - not quite up to par with the other shaves this week.

baxter scrub
SR208I
QED - anise lavender
40's super speed w/derby
nancy boy ASB

s~s
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

Saturday's shave:

Arko Cool shave cream
Vulfix #2234 brush
Gillette Tech razor/Personna blade
Proraso A/S balm

Oh... I've been wondering: Why is the "Shave of the Day" thread posted under aftershaves and colognes?

Dave
DEF

Post by DEF »

Saturday:

QED Pine & Cedarwood soap
C&E Jagger Best Badger
Progress w/ Israeli
T&C w/ Fromm
Nivea Extra Soothing ASB
Blenheim Bouquet EDT

Doug
crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Saturday:

Wilkinson Sword brush
Merkur Progress with new Sharp blade
Arko "Sensitive" shaving cream
St-Ives Intensive Relief moisturizer
Grey Flannel edt

a fabulous shave this morning. My face felt irritated when I woke up, but this Arko treasure made it feel great. Like a soothing, gentle kiss from my lovely wife! :D :wink:

Jeff
scarface911

Post by scarface911 »

DavidB wrote:
Oh... I've been wondering: Why is the "Shave of the Day" thread posted under aftershaves and colognes?

Dave

I haven't been around long enough to know exactly but I believe that it used to be called the Scent of the Day which highlighted the fragrance you used for the day and then it slowly evolved into the shave of the day.

That's my guess. Veterans, can you please confirm this?
Last edited by scarface911 on Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
scarface911

Post by scarface911 »

crackstar wrote:Saturday:

Wilkinson Sword brush
Merkur Progress with new Sharp blade
Arko "Sensitive" shaving cream
St-Ives Intensive Relief moisturizer
Grey Flannel edt

a fabulous shave this morning. My face felt irritated when I woke up, but this Arko treasure made it feel great. Like a soothing, gentle kiss from my lovely wife! :D :wink:

Jeff
Jeff,

How are you liking the Progress?

It is slowly becoming my favourite razor even more so then my fat boy. It feels very good in the hand and the weight is just perfect. It seems that it is very hard to get a bad shave with this razor, for me anyways, when loaded with a Derby Blade. The first shave with a new blade in this razor to the final sixth shave all seem to provide excellent results.
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Hello Dave,

Rajeeve is correct. I have asked the administrators to break the SOTD out into a separate forum due to the large volume of posts and views.

I will follow-up with them and keep you informed.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Everysharp Hydromajic injector
T&H Turnback brush
DR Harris Lavender shave stick
Harris Milk
Crown Perfumery Crown Royal EDT

crackstar

Post by crackstar »

Rajeeve, I like the Progress very much now. When I first used it, I found it a little strange, because I was so much more used to my Vision, but now, I'm enjoying it a lot. Lately, I'm using Sharp blades, which I find very gentle and forgiving as well. I never used a Fat Boy, so I have no clue about it.

Jeff
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Austin,

Now this is a surprise! An injector and a vintage bakelite at that! I don't recall you ever showing an injector before. Are you using Ted Pella blades?

Nice razor, indeed. I, myself, have taken a fancy to the Eversharp long-handles with the hydro-magic levers.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Hi Richard, the injector is a recent acquisition. I am having problems finding injector blades. I had to purchase the CVS branded blades. Do you have a link to the Ted Pella blades?

Andrew
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

Austin wrote:Hi Richard, the injector is a recent acquisition. I am having problems finding injector blades. I had to purchase the CVS branded blades. Do you have a link to the Ted Pella blades?

Andrew
Austin-
I have a pack of the Vintage Schick Injector blades laying around. I'll never use them (I prefer the TwInjector blades). If you would like them, PM me your addy and they are yours. Thanks.

-Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Tye wrote:
Austin wrote:Hi Richard, the injector is a recent acquisition. I am having problems finding injector blades. I had to purchase the CVS branded blades. Do you have a link to the Ted Pella blades?

Andrew
Austin-
I have a pack of the Vintage Schick Injector blades laying around. I'll never use them (I prefer the TwInjector blades). If you would like them, PM me your addy and they are yours. Thanks.

-Tye
Thanks Tye! The razor came with vintage Schick razors that I may try. Thanks for the generous offer though.

Andrew
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Hello Austin,

Go to Ted Pella. Can't beat the price of $4.50 for 20 blades.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX, up the road a tad