SOTD October 9th thru October 15th

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
wenestvedt

Post by wenestvedt »

Thursday: slumming!

- Merkur HD w/Feather aging blade
- Colgate Aloe canned foam
- Puffs Plus With Lotion for the blood

It's been a busy week, and this morning I arose from bed no better rested than usual. (The 4-year old makes one or two trips per night to the can these days, and even though he tiptoes he may as well tip a full silver tea service down the stairs ahead of himself for all the noise it makes to a parent's ears.)

This morning I forgot my brush in the basement and I knew that the minute I left the bathroom the kids would take over again, so I just grabbed a handful of cheap foam, slathered it over my face, and grimly started scraping. In the car later my face stung as if it were sunburned.

Richard/rustyblade, I wish I'd been to Canada! Instead, it's just been the usual: drudgery of work, then head home and get moaned at by the kids. It was definitly getting to me, but then I found out a whole cascade of bad news that happened to family in the past week (not to forget Tony Espo, too!) and my frame of reference snapped back into place. So my arms are sore and I'll be stuck in a boring job for a while and staying a too-small house (for another year at least), but it could be much worse.

I just finished proof-reading another book so I think I'll treat myself to something from Charles @ QED today. :7)
scarface911

Post by scarface911 »

Taylor Thursday:

GFT Limes Skin Food (not shown)
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Trumpers razor
AOS brush
SaintCharles Shea Butter & Almond Oil shave cream
T&H Trafalgar EDT

TomH

Post by TomH »

Thursday:

-Merkur 34c w.SHARP blade
-SMF II brush (ooh, what a treasure this brush is \:D/ =D>)
-KAPPUS Aloe Vera shaving cream (sample, mmmm, great...)
-QED da Vinci Water
-Swiss Pitralon
-OLIVIA's A/S balm

Music> Album:Tag und Nacht; Artist:Schiller; Year:2005

Thomas
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Canada Day.

It is really cold today, 4C

I think that works out to about 10F for you Texans and Floridians. Give or take, I was never taught that ancient measurement method in school. That and rods, barrels, and barleycorns that you guys use, no idea, I don't get it. ;)
Richard
cigar-&-Shave

Post by cigar-&-Shave »

Gillette President
Feather blade
Honeybee “Old Spice” mug soap
Vulfix boar bristle brush
Mennen “Cool Spice” aftershave
Mennen “Afta” skin conditioner

I love this stuff!
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

rustyblade wrote:Canada Day.

It is really cold today, 4C

I think that works out to about 10F for you Texans and Floridians. Give or take, I was never taught that ancient measurement method in school. That and rods, barrels, and barleycorns that you guys use, no idea, I don't get it. ;)
Math and physics being my favourite subjects, the formula would be 9/5Celsius +32 F which would give about 39 degrees F or so. :wink:
It's bloody cold out there!!!!

Today's shave

Merkur Progress Gold
Wilkinson sword blade
Simpson Polo 8 Super
C&E Almond oil cream
Thayers witch hazel
Proraso AS

I scooped up 3 more bottles of the Proraso AS just in case they do stop making it. I have no more room to store anything.........
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
wenestvedt

Post by wenestvedt »

rustyblade wrote:Canada Day.
...Says the guy with the Japanese razor.
rustyblade wrote:Give or take, I was never taught that ancient measurement method in school. That and rods, barrels, and barleycorns that you guys use, no idea, I don't get it.
My car gets ten rods to the hogshead, and that's the way I likes it.(Also, "We tied an onion to our belt. It was the style back then.")

And wasn't it a Candian (well, a faux Candian anyway) who explained that all metric-to-imperial conversions consist of "double it and add thirty"?

- Will
sgtrecon212

Post by sgtrecon212 »

Thursday

Conditioner
Tweezerman brush
'74 Superspeed
Swedish Gillette
Honeybee Old Spice soap
Thayer's
Coral SF
Splash of Old Spice

Tried for a vintage feel.

A little irritation on the neck.
Steve
______
Go Cubbies
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Yeah, I figured about 40 degrees F or so. Sigh, I wish it were 40 degrees here. We're still sweating away, in the 80s. It just goes on and on....
Thursday:

Gillette '58 TV Superspeed & Swedish Gillette blade
Rooney White, medium
Coate's Almond shave cream
D R Harris's shave stick
D R Harris's A/S Milk
Trumper's Spanish Leather

Gordon
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Gents, I am leaving for vacation on Saturday morning with my wife, the beautiful (and 4 months pregnant :) :o ) Kelly from Canada. We are headed out to Vancouver and Vancouver Island for a couple weeks. We will also probably end up hitting Whistler as well if we have time. We have never been to the West Coast, so it should be interesting. We have no major plans, we like to just rent a car and go where we please. We did the same last fall when we went exploring the East Coast on our honeymoon.

Bad news is, I won't be able to provide you guys with a SOTD picture and I will be too busy tomorrow, so I did the next best thing and took a picture of my shave kit (minus the toothbrush, deodorant, etc.). I've got the room, so no need to suffer and travel too light, can't have that. In the Ziplock container is Kent soap (what else?) and another Ziplock container is there for a little lathering bowl. A little Savile Row from Charles will be the brush, I've given it a couple lathers and it seems like it will be just fine, it is no Kent BK8, but some sacrifices have to be made. I'll muddle through somehow.... Santal EDT and shave cream (like I said, why suffer, and it's our vacation damnit!) Feather AC DX and blades. Also brought a "expendable" (i.e. not a rare) safety razor, a Gillette TV just in case I have to rush a shave, and not worry about losing my baggage. My favourite goto ASB, Biotherm. UK Wilkinson Sword blades (they work good in Gillettes, don't ask....) and a tube of Wars (an man has to have variety and just look at its space saving slender tube....).

Richard
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Congratulations on becoming a father Richard. I hope you have a great time, hey, maybe you can go see JJ and check out the Plissons he has. About those Wilkinson blades, I got a 100 pack from Blademail as well and I love them, they work great with Merkurs.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

wenestvedt wrote:My car gets ten rods to the hogshead, and that's the way I likes it.
It's litres per 100km here. And I have no idea what it means. I still think in MPG. Damn Yanks messing things up! We can't be just cleanly 100% metric because of you guys! Did you know I am 182 cm tall?

Also beer doesn't come in base10 quantities!
Richard
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Nitrox wrote:Congratulations on becoming a father Richard. I hope you have a great time, hey, maybe you can go see JJ and check out the Plissons he has. About those Wilkinson blades, I got a 100 pack from Blademail as well and I love them, they work great with Merkurs.
This has crossed my mind, don't you worry!

Problem is, Kelly will be with me at the time.... It's not like sneaking in a brush from Lee by getting it shipped to work. ;)
Richard
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

bernards66 wrote:Yeah, I figured about 40 degrees F or so. Sigh, I wish it were 40 degrees here. We're still sweating away, in the 80s. It just goes on and on....

Gordon
Gordon, I'm not really complaining. I complain about the heat, but I love cool weather. Nice long sleeve shirts, a nice winter coat (or two!). Love it. Sorry old chap.

BTW, we had a sprinkle of snow this evening that actually stayed on the ground. It will be gone by mid-morning though.
Richard
scarface911

Post by scarface911 »

Richard, man you even travel luxuriously!

Have fun on the trip and congratulations on the baby. Are you guys going to find out the sex early on or are you gonna keep it a surprise?
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

scarface911 wrote:Richard, man you even travel luxuriously!

Have fun on the trip and congratulations on the baby. Are you guys going to find out the sex early on or are you gonna keep it a surprise?
Thanks, no we are going to try to not find out. Sometimes it is not so easy. Friends of ours saw their baby's sex on one of the ultrasounds and found out by accident that way. The baby moved and they saw that the little gaffer was "packing heat." :) If you ask the doctor/technician they will try and not show you the bits.

One of natures last surprises I say, let it be.
Richard
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Congratulations Richard! I wish you and your wife the best during this blessed time.
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Congratulations, Richard in Canada!

Enjoy your vacation time together!

And remember, always stop to smell the roses and never be in a rush!

Cheers,
Richard in Texas
TomH

Post by TomH »

Hi Richard,

...all the best for you and your wife, for an enjoyful vacation, relax and take a deep breath, also the best for the unborn, little baby-boy/girl :wink: :wink: .

Regards from Germany,

Thomas