ISD December 3rd announcement thread. Not ISD post thread!

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
Gatorade

ISD December 3rd announcement thread. Not ISD post thread!

Post by Gatorade »

Well the poll voted 9-5 Sunday over Monday so I have to assume that Sunday is the day that everyone wants. This is the last ISD of the year!

The first Sunday of December is the 3rd so we will send 2006 packing with Gillette 58' TV razors!

I have seen many in the SOTDs so we may get a few by default!

Also seeing as it is December and a cold month I thought that a nice woody Sandalwood would be appropriate. A nice almost campfire type of smell. I will be using Truefitt & Hill but any Sandalwood will do.

So remember the best way to show your ISD set up off is with a picture! Start gathering your check list and get what you need to send finish the 2006 ISDs!
Last edited by Gatorade on Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Very nice! I have both!

Now which Sandalwood? Trumper Cream, C&E Sandalwood soap, or SCS Sandalwood? Hmmmm...
Richard
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

I have both too, looks like I have to pull out the rare T&H Sandalwood for this one. :wink:
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
yoyology
Captain Yo

Post by yoyology »

Is a '58 Fat Boy close enough? What setting would I put it on to approximate the angle of a TV?
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

yoyology wrote:Is a '58 Fat Boy close enough? What setting would I put it on to approximate the angle of a TV?
Richard
yoyology
Captain Yo

Post by yoyology »

rustyblade wrote:
yoyology wrote:Is a '58 Fat Boy close enough? What setting would I put it on to approximate the angle of a TV?
Well, heck. That's what I've got it on now.

All I need to do now is melt down a pair of sandals into shaving cream. Shouldn't be too hard. If I start boiling now and keep adding water until December 1, they ought to be pretty liquefied by then. Two days to let the stuff cool, and I'll be set!
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Nitrox wrote:I have both too, looks like I have to pull out the rare T&H Sandalwood for this one. :wink:
Well, if we ever have a Coates ISD (which given the limited supply, probably not a wise idea.) you can slather on that Tea Tree like it is going out of style ;).
Richard
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

yoyology wrote:
rustyblade wrote:

All I need to do now is melt down a pair of sandals into shaving cream. Shouldn't be too hard. If I start boiling now and keep adding water until December 1, they ought to be pretty liquefied by then. Two days to let the stuff cool, and I'll be set!
:shock: So are you trying to say you don't have any Sandalwood in your rotation? I will try to find a sample container to put some in if you need some. We wouldn't want you running arround with boiling sandals in the middle of winter! Would that be along the same lines as putting hot coals in your plastic trash can?
--Charlie

Duct Tape
yoyology
Captain Yo

Post by yoyology »

Gatorade wrote:
yoyology wrote:
rustyblade wrote: 3

:shock: So are you trying to say you don't have any Sandalwood in your rotation? I will try to find a sample container to put some in if you need some. We wouldn't want you running arround with boiling sandals in the middle of winter! Would that be along the same lines as putting hot coals in your plastic trash can?
Nope. No sandalwood. No rotation, for that matter. I have two soaps and one cream, and the glycerine soap is about to run out.

Hey, if I boil down my Birkenstocks, do I get patchouli?
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Well, I cant use a Gillette cause I dont have one. Someone tell me what the best sandalwood cream is. I do have a Trumper Sandalwood cake of soap and I love that Sandalwood smell. In fact, so much so that I am thinking of ditching rose creams and going with my Castle forbes, and one cream of Sandalwood, and then using say Trumpers rose soap and limes.

Sam
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

Well I don't have much experience in the Sandalwood department. I have The Truefitt & Hill and Causwell Massey. Both have a good scent but the T&H is easier to work with. I think the T&H also is a slight bit more woodsy as well.
yoyology wrote:Nope. No sandalwood. No rotation, for that matter. I have two soaps and one cream, and the glycerine soap is about to run out.

Hey, if I boil down my Birkenstocks, do I get patchouli?
I will try to see tonight if I have a container to send you some to get you through the ISD.

I won't even mention the Birkenstocks. :roll:
--Charlie

Duct Tape
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Sam wrote:Well, I cant use a Gillette cause I dont have one. Someone tell me what the best sandalwood cream is. I do have a Trumper Sandalwood cake of soap and I love that Sandalwood smell. In fact, so much so that I am thinking of ditching rose creams and going with my Castle forbes, and one cream of Sandalwood, and then using say Trumpers rose soap and limes.

Sam
Sam, I just recently got me a cake of Trumper sandalwood soap and it is the best soap I have tried. I guess that that will do. :D
Bruno

Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

rustyblade wrote:
Nitrox wrote:I have both too, looks like I have to pull out the rare T&H Sandalwood for this one. :wink:
Well, if we ever have a Coates ISD (which given the limited supply, probably not a wise idea.) you can slather on that Tea Tree like it is going out of style ;).
Yes, there won't be too many people joing me for a Coates Tea Tree day because it's so rare to get now. :wink: By the time I run out of it, (oh, in about 20 years), maybe Coates will have released some new formulations. :wink:
Bruno

scarface911

Post by scarface911 »

Don't have a TV razor but ill be in it with C&E Sandalwood soap.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Charlie, Well, I'm certainly set to go. I use my '58 TV model Superspeed more then any other razor anyway. And, I have that pot of the fine Coate's Sandalwood shave cream about. An excellent choice on your part, I must say ( chuckle ).
Regards,
Gordon
timc

Post by timc »

Which is better: C&E sandalwood soap or cream? I can go to the C&E store in town before then, but I don't know which would be better.

Oh, and I don't have a '58 TV. The closest thing I have is a '62 slim adjustable.
- Tim -
"You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains."
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

timc wrote:Which is better: C&E sandalwood soap or cream? I can go to the C&E store in town before then, but I don't know which would be better.

Oh, and I don't have a '58 TV. The closest thing I have is a '62 slim adjustable.
Get the cream, I have them both and the cream is way better.
Bruno

Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

Just for the record you can participate even if you don't have either of them. In the past it was just the cream but I thought it would be cool to add razors to ISD as well. This one looks like it will send off 2006 in style! Now I have to get thinking on the January 1, 2007 ISD!
--Charlie

Duct Tape
MOSES

Post by MOSES »

Hmm.... Well, first question is QED soap, or Trumper cream. Leaning toward the Trumper, I think. Or maybe I'll have the Trumper soap by them. I would join Gordon in using Coates, but even in NYC I can no longer find Coates Sandalwood. Very unfortunate.

As for razor. I do not have a TV. Or any late model SS. So... what should use, of my Gillette stable? I suppose a 40s SS would be the closest thing I have. But sort of boring. I could break in my new Aristocrat, although it has as little in common with the TV as a Gillette fixed TTO could. Hmm... probably the SS. I'm nuts if I think I'll be able to WAIT to try the Aristocrat.

-Mo
Alrighty, stickim up and hand over the Coates real nice and slow like....
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Mo, Yep, sounds like the Trumper's cream and the classic SS. Although nothing else is quite like the Coate's Sandalwood cream, the Trumpers is probably the closest. And, after that TV model, I probably use my '40s SS the most these days. While not the same, they are quite similiar. So, you're close to 'on task' with this.
Regards,
Gordon