ISD December 3rd announcement thread. Not ISD post thread!

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
MOSES

Post by MOSES »

Gordon,

Mighty late for a distinguished gentleman such as yourself to be up on a Sunday evening/Monday morning. :)

I am rather dissappointed about the Coates actually. I thought I had at least have the chance to sniff them all except the Lavender, and now I have learned that there is actually a Sandalwood as well. This hits especially hard, as, while I am still a little iffy on Lavender, I have yet to smell a Sandalwood product that I did not love, even though they are all over the spectrum. And now you tell me it was close to the Trumper?! This is akin to torture. The Trumper is such a wonderful and refined scent. Imagining a similar scent (and Coates scents are all so nice refined, it seems) combined with the unparalleled shave of Coates.... Too much.

As for the little SS. It really is an excellent little razor. Perhaps this will redeem it for me, as I actually received my worst bloodying ever at its hands just last weekend. I think perhaps that is the end of me using Derby blades. This was especially unpleasant, but I have yet to have a pleasant shave with one. I think I am down to the Gillette and the Feather as favorites, with the Gillette having a slim edge. The Merkur and IP I am ok with as well, when wanting the softer, gentler side of shaving. But for everyday, it would definitely be the Swede, if it wasn't so expensive.

-Mo
Alrighty, stickim up and hand over the Coates real nice and slow like....
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

Just bumping this as a reminder that this Sunday December 3rd is the Sandalwood and Gillette TV Razor Day! (Thats the 58' TV for those of you like me who also have the 53') :wink: :roll: :oops:
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Thanks for the reminder!
Richard
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

I will try to bump this again Satuday morning but if someone else could give it a bump if they see I haven't then I would appreciate it. Saturday night I will try to start the ISD Posting section so you early Sunday risers can show us what you got!
--Charlie

Duct Tape
timc

Post by timc »

Thanks for reminding me that I need to go out and buy that cream already.
- Tim -
"You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains."
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

ISD tomorrow!!!

Gillette 58' TV Rasors and Sandalwood Cream if you got it! Don't forget the pics as well!
--Charlie

Duct Tape
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

moved
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis

Post by Guest »

Now, if some would explain what ISD is, then we'll all be in on it. :-s
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Mo, For some odd reason, I missed your above post from late November. Yes, I'm afraid so....there is a Coate's Sandalwood cream, and it is as you suspect that it is ( sorry ). Regarding being bloodied using the '40s Superspeed, yeah, I say it would HAVE to be the blade. That razor is one of the most benign and consistant of all DEs I've ever used. Well, although they've upped the shipping fees ( those dirty rats! ) still, the Swedes are a worthwhile investment in fine shaving, I think. I mean, look at the prices of some of the other things we routinely use. Ordering say, 6 or 8 packs of blades at a time spreads the shipping cost out a bit. And then, there are those 'pillar packs' of old stock UK Wilkinsons. They work very well, I think, in the SS and similiar model razors, and are a good buy. They may not be quite as good as the Swedes, but they're still a very good all around blade.
Regards,
Gordon

Post by Guest »

Damn! I sure wish someone would explain what this "ISD" stands for. :evil:
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Anonymous wrote:Damn! I sure wish someone would explain what this "ISD" stands for. :evil:
International Shave Day.

Now login Mr. Guest!! :)
Last edited by rustyblade on Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

This is the second time I've seen 'Guest' post, how can a guest post? :?
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."

Post by Guest »

It seems like a Guest can post...

- Richard
scarface911

Post by scarface911 »

^^ Haha Richard
yoyology
Captain Yo

Post by yoyology »

How many posts could a guest host post if a guest host could post posts?
Karl G. Siewert
Librarian and yo-yo enthusiast
Tulsa, OK

"Someday I'll find it, the BBS Connection, the razor, the stubble, and me."