New Method: My Favourite Dopp Gear

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
Dragon, Interrupted

New Method: My Favourite Dopp Gear

Post by Dragon, Interrupted »

Well, this may seem odd to you, but this has been giving me a great shave:

Omega Boar Bristle Brush
Proraso Pre & Dopo Barba
Proraso Soap
Merkur Classic HD [and/or Slant Bar HD when I want an extra close shave]

These items alone, with lots of hot water have been giving me PERFECT shaves this last week. I trued going back to my Shavmac XL Silvertip this morning, and was surprised at the comparison of how well the Omega brush performs against the Silvertip--they are both wonderful brushes, but I have fallen in love with the Omega boar bristle. I'm sure I'll buy more badger brushes in my lifetime, but wow, the Omega performs well.
James
My Blog
Not all who wander are lost ~ J.R.R. Tolkien
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

I like my Proraso/Omega Boar brush as well :D

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

The Proraso soap is the culprit - gives fantastic shaves it does!
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
GregCavi

Post by GregCavi »

The omega brush is fantastic! I have yet to get the prorasso creme, but with a half a dozen + others, I just cannot justify another tube. :D

My doppe usually has a cake of williams in it.

Greg
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

GregCavi wrote:The omega brush is fantastic! I have yet to get the prorasso creme, but with a half a dozen + others, I just cannot justify another tube. :D

Greg
Justify? Justify? No need to start justifying now :D Go ahead and get the Proraso Cream, you'll love it.

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

This is not odd at all. I would recommend that setup to anybody (as long as he likes menthol.) :D
GregCavi

Post by GregCavi »

Chaps wrote:
GregCavi wrote:The omega brush is fantastic! I have yet to get the prorasso creme, but with a half a dozen + others, I just cannot justify another tube. :D

Greg
Justify? Justify? No need to start justifying now :D Go ahead and get the Proraso Cream, you'll love it.

Danny[/quote

Good point..

To bad my target is all out!!!!

Greg
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

GregCavi wrote:
Chaps wrote:

Greg

Danny[/quote

Good point..

To bad my target is all out!!!!

Greg
PM me your mailing info and I will send you a tube.

Danny
Danny