February ISD Ideas

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
Str8G8r

Post by Str8G8r »

rustyblade wrote:
Nitrox wrote:
Lyrt wrote:/quote]
More and more succumb. I, for one, did buy it because (or thanks to) your shiny photographs. Keep up the good work.
Yes, Richard's photographs have inspired? me to buy it as well along with the SMF III brush, the Feather AC razor, etc........ :lol:
Let me know anything else you are borderline on and I'll take a photo of it. If I have it, of course!
Frasiers. I think I am over then line on it but I need just a little push...

Wait I mean the Kent soap....

Doh! Now I can't make up my mind
Lyrt

Post by Lyrt »

Nitrox wrote:
Lyrt wrote:/quote]
More and more succumb. I, for one, did buy it because (or thanks to) your shiny photographs. Keep up the good work.
Yes, Richard's photographs have inspired? me to buy it as well along with the SMF III brush, the Feather AC razor, etc........ :lol:
His photographs previously got me interested in the Sticky that I ended up purchasing. The Feather AC, however, is the first shaving gear I bought when I quitted my Wilkinson Extreme III life.

The SMF III brush, unfortunately, will be added to my collection only if my financial situation allows it.
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Hey, I'm all for a Wool Fat day. Like I need another excuse to use it.
Richard
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

rustyblade wrote:
Let me know anything else you are borderline on and I'll take a photo of it. If I have it, of course!
Ahhhh, don't tempt there. :wink: :lol: Harris AS milk is one that I might have to go to Square One to check out now. :lol:
Maybe I can reciprocate the gesture and take some pictures of my stuff. :wink: :lol:
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
yoyology
Captain Yo

Post by yoyology »

Re: razors for ISD:

How about having a "single-edge" requirement for February's ISD? That would encompass a lot of razors (Gem, Injector, even straight) but still give gents who mostly use DEs an incentive to try something new.

This suggestion is in no way influenced by my father's gift to me of a Schick Injector handle and a thrift-shop Gem Micromatic. Honest. O:)
Karl G. Siewert
Librarian and yo-yo enthusiast
Tulsa, OK

"Someday I'll find it, the BBS Connection, the razor, the stubble, and me."
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Good suggestions everyone. Unless Gator comes back and takes this off my hands :) , we'll hold a vote on it in a week or so.
Richard
Bandobras

Post by Bandobras »

texasPI wrote:
Tye wrote:Maybe the ISD should be retired in memory of Charlie and his ouster from the group?

-Tye
What happened to Charlie? Was his ouster in connection with the artist shake up?
I'm also curious about this. I was away from the forum a good bit during the holidays and don't know what may have gone down. He helped me out a bit when I bought a Fatboy from him (sent me some more blades and some C&E Almond Oil creme). If no one wants to post it in here just send me a PM.
- Rickie
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Don't worry, Charlie is still with us but he is coming back as a straight gator.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
Str8G8r

Post by Str8G8r »

Well the ISD was arround long before I got here so no since in it retiring. Some good suggestions here for Feb. Since Rusy has this one going in a general direction already, I'll PM him a little later and see where things go from there.

Thanks for all the thoughts by the way!
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

Welcome back Charlie....I was wondering who had the audacity to come in with the user name Str8G8r...I should have known! Don't recall how the ISD got related to you but it has...you're stuck with it!
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
alchemist

Post by alchemist »

I'm also really lost on the story with Charlie, Gator fan and all round nice guy from Florida.
I also have been more disengaged from the forum the last month or so with some issues to deal with, but hope all is okay with my beloved Forum.
Cheers,
-Mahesh
2clfrwrds

Post by 2clfrwrds »

Nothing against Rusty of course, it's just that the Gator owns ISD!

--Glenn
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

2clfrwrds wrote:Nothing against Rusty of course, it's just that the Gator owns ISD!

--Glenn
I'm just holding the torch in the interim ready to pass it back to Gator! :D
Richard
Str8G8r

Post by Str8G8r »

Ok looks like everyone is leaning toward a soap day. The Kent Wool Fat soap would be great but I need someone to post up some links to places to get it. If there is ordering involved then we need to decide now. A substitute for the wool fat would be any classic scented soap. Williams, palmolive and the like. I have to think a little more about the razor choice but will post more later.
Lyrt

Post by Lyrt »

rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Last edited by rustyblade on Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I have the wool fat, but pardon me if I am being out of line when I say that it isn't a good idea for the simple reason that at $60+ a jar I am sure a few guys are going to miss out.

Clive
Lyrt

Post by Lyrt »

fallingwickets wrote:I have the wool fat, but pardon me if I am being out of line when I say that it isn't a good idea for the simple reason that at $60+ a jar I am sure a few guys are going to miss out.

Clive
It's £15 on the sites I listed and less than £5 for the refill.
Blue As A Jewel

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

fallingwickets wrote:I have the wool fat, but pardon me if I am being out of line when I say that it isn't a good idea for the simple reason that at $60+ a jar I am sure a few guys are going to miss out.

Clive
$60??? Check out Richard's first link -
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I live in New Jersey, United States of America. Its an expensive proposition.

Clive