March 1, 2007 International Shave Day The "S" Shav

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
Gatorade

March 1, 2007 International Shave Day The "S" Shav

Post by Gatorade »

Kicking off the thread for the early risers to be able to post. I will edit with my thoughts tomorrow

Thursday March 1st, 2007 ISD
Hot Shower No Scrub

Shavemac Silvertip
St. Charles Shaves Almond in a wood bowl
Slim Gillette Adjustable
Sweedish Gillette 1st Shave
3 Pass 5,5,7.

St. Charles Shaves Tony's Choice ASB
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Thursday

Slimboy Gillette razor
Swedish Gillette blade
Shavemac 220 brush
Sandalwood T&H cream
Skin food Limes GFT
Sandalwood C&E bath soap
Sensodyne toothpaste
Santal Floris EDT

Edit: Forgot about the brush. :oops:
Last edited by Nitrox on Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
Bob

Post by Bob »

Thursday:

Super Speed Gillette Razor
Swedish Gillette Blade
Sandalwood C-M Shave Cream
Sandalwaod C-M Cologne (Tricorn, actually)

Sorry for the lameness of my setup. It was the best I could do while groggy. I was going to use some Skin Food, but the thought of mixing the lime with the sandalwood was unappealing. I see Bruno went for it. You're a better man than me, Bruno.
--Bob--
jrgroucho

Post by jrgroucho »

Thursday:

First time with slim adjustable. It seems to be a good match with the "Swedish" blade.
Good shave. Needed to throttle back on amount of SCS stuff used (never used all of them at once, Sue does not skimp on fragrance (that's a good thing)).

I went with Coral Skin food.

--
Jeremy
><((((º>`·. .· `·. .· `·... ><((((º> .
· `·. . , . .· `·.. ><((((º>`·. .· `·. .· `·... ><((((º>
ScottS

Post by ScottS »

I had an interesting sequence of events with that Bigfoot on a camping trip. Essentially, when you're up for three beers, you'll drink three beers. The Bigfoot tastes and drinks just like a beer. After you've enjoyed your three or four, though, it feels quite different from beer.
jrgroucho

Post by jrgroucho »

Yeah, it doesn't taste or seem like 9.6% until it's too late. Nowadays I rarely have more than two anything in a row. (I always knew someday, I'd grow up.) It is quite tasty, though.

--
Jeremy
><((((º>`·. .· `·. .· `·... ><((((º> .
· `·. . , . .· `·.. ><((((º>`·. .· `·. .· `·... ><((((º>
timc

Post by timc »

SOTISD:

Vulfix 2233 Super
St. Charles Shave New Spice in a wood bowl
Super Speed - '58 Gillette
Derby blade (#2)
Thayer's original witch hazel
St. Charles Shave Aged Leather ASM
Sensodyne toothpaste

This was the first time I used any of Sue's soaps, and I was pleasantly surprised. Today's shave was a great one, definitely worthy of ISD. Spectacular! :D

Edit: Add Sensodyne.
Last edited by timc on Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Tim -
"You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains."
2clfrwrds

Post by 2clfrwrds »

I woke up feeling a little glum, until I remembered, It's International Shave Day!

That's SCS Fairway in the mug, a nice match with the Savory Rose ASM. But how does the AOS brush fit in?

--Glenn
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

SCS/Richard's Wool Fat Sandalwood Shaving Soap
Sticky!
Swedish/Euro Gillette Blade
Simpson T4 - Still Shedding Shyte
Skin Food
Scuttle
Santal EDT
Richard
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

Sit, Shower, Shave:

C&E BeSt Badger
St. Charles Shave Fairway
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Second-day Israeli ASR
Olay Quench (oops :wink: )

And snow snow snow (I already blew about 6-8 inches; there should be almost another foot by the time this is over on Saturday. This on top of 13 inches earlier this week.) :roll:
“Time just seems to get quicker. You look in the mirror in the morning and you think, ‘I’m already shaving again!’” - Terry Jones of Monty Python's Flying Circus
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

Nice! I love the creativity in the substitutions! I had no idea how an AOS brush would have worked into the "S" shave but you made it happen!

Thanks guys, I really get a kick out of seeing the variations and substitutions. The April ISD is still up in the air, two themes are competing and I will decide shortly.
--Charlie

Duct Tape
timc

Post by timc »

Gatorade wrote:Nice! I love the creativity in the substitutions! I had no idea how an AOS brush would have worked into the "S" shave but you made it happen!

Thanks guys, I really get a kick out of seeing the variations and substitutions. The April ISD is still up in the air, two themes are competing and I will decide shortly.
How about

1) Gillette Mach3
2) Edge Shave Gel
3) Gillette after shave gel

April Fools! :D
- Tim -
"You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains."
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

timc wrote:
Gatorade wrote:Nice! I love the creativity in the substitutions! I had no idea how an AOS brush would have worked into the "S" shave but you made it happen!

How about

1) Gillette Mach3
2) Edge Shave Gel
3) Gillette after shave gel

April Fools! :D
It won't be on Sunday that would be just too easy. :lol: Besides it seems like we get better turn out on weekdays. ISD will probably be on Monday 4/2/2007.
--Charlie

Duct Tape
yoyology
Captain Yo

Post by yoyology »

Surrey Soaking in an Old Spice mug
SuperSpeed w/Swede (day 1)
SCS Bay Rum with a Twist
SCS Baron Cologne

Looks idyllic, don't it? Then I had a little shedding problem, and had to finish with my C&E Best.
Karl G. Siewert
Librarian and yo-yo enthusiast
Tulsa, OK

"Someday I'll find it, the BBS Connection, the razor, the stubble, and me."
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

Charlie---I don't know what the two themes are, but for what it is worth, I think a barbershop/classic ISOTD would be a good idea for sometime in the future.

Danny
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
timc

Post by timc »

Any word on the April ISD? It would be nice to know if I should be placing orders soon. :lol:
- Tim -
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

timc wrote:

Any word on the April ISD? It would be nice to know if I should be placing orders soon. :lol:
What timing! I just posted the April ISD up right now.
--Charlie

Duct Tape
Mike R

Post by Mike R »

Crazy SOTD today (Saturday)

Part I:

Razor: Gem (not sure of the model, see the picture)
Blade: Treet
Cream: T&H Sandalwood
Brush: B&B Finest

This was my first try with a Gem. I was taking it easy, but after 2 passes the shave wasn't very close at all and I felt like I was starting to develop a bit of irritation so I did a 3rd pass with a M3. I haven't used an M3 in several months, if not more. I scraped along with that. After the 1st M3 pass I still was not clean & smooth, so I did a 2nd M3 pass, this time using some conditioner before I painted the cream on.

I finished up with some Musgo A/S splash & balm, then about 1/2 hour later some Trumper's Limes Skin food. For cologne I used a light spray of Trumper's Sandalwood.

All-in-all the final results were pretty good, but this is easily the most complicated, involved shave I've ever done. Hopefully the Gem shaves will improve.

Mike