ISD July 2nd announcement Justins favorite: Menthol!

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
Gatorade

ISD July 2nd announcement Justins favorite: Menthol!

Post by Gatorade »

Well it looks like our favorite Tiger is going to be out of touch for a while, so we will have a menthol send off for him!

Break out the Proraso or if you have something else that is less common the break that out as well.

Looking for a cajun theme if you can work it in, I am thinking of a Blackend Voodooo Lager or something along those lines...

Or a Cafe Du Monde Cafe Au Lait with Beignets!

I may just make the whole day cajun with some gumbo and a muffelatta later as well!

Thanks for being an insperation to us Justin. If we helped you in the slighest it is our pleaseure to have been there for you. We like to think that we help people find a better shave however when you post what you did I realize that this forum gives so much more than that. I thank you for being here and being involved as well, you are a part of the family too so don't ever forget that!

Geaux Tigers!
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
DEF

Post by DEF »

"Beignets." Aren't those what the shrimp fishermen use? :D

I suppose I could choke down a couple on July 2 -- along with some dirty rice and andouille. (Diet? What diet?...)

Doug
2clfrwrds

Post by 2clfrwrds »

Charlie, this is great! After a menthol shave, the obligation to try a new beer. Sounds like a good deal to me.

--Glenn
jayb

Post by jayb »

Mmmm although the Proraso is hard to beat, the Dixie Blackened Voodoo will be even harder to beat. Truly great beer! I couldn't have chosen a better one!
Justin
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

So, a quick question.............do we post our Justin shave here, on SOTD or is a mod going to start a new thread? Thanks, I cannot wait to use my barbesol or whatever that stuff is called.

:lol:

Clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
GollyMrScience

Post by GollyMrScience »

So to honour our shaving comrade Justin (jayb) I shaved using menthol today.
C&E brush
Futur razor
Crystal blade

I have confirmed that menthol really, REALLY does not like me. No irritation exactly just sensory overload. Despite that challenge the shave went fine.

Gentlemen - here's to Justin!

Good luck - hope all goes well.
-Tom-

What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!!

Wet Shaving Missionary - "Have you been shaved?"
timc

Post by timc »

GollyMrScience wrote:So to honour our shaving comrade Justin (jayb) I shaved using menthol today.
What did you use?
- Tim -
"You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains."
GollyMrScience

Post by GollyMrScience »

I used the only menthol I had in the house (other than vicks perhaps and that not really menthol) which is a practically mumified tube of proraso.
-Tom-

What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!!

Wet Shaving Missionary - "Have you been shaved?"
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I went tonight to Wild Oats to refill and got some Thayers Witch Hazel with Rose. ANd tomorrow, I will use Kiss My Face mint shave cream (closest to Methol) in honor of jayb and will let my wife use the rest instead of her usual lavendar or peach

Sam
sysiphus

Post by sysiphus »

I went with Proraso, even after mentioning the trouble I had with it. The things you do for a brother wetshaver :lol:
Thing is, I smeared a little on my wet face and lathered as I do a shave stick, instead of trying to build lather in a bowl. EUREKA! Proraso works for me!!

It now finds its home back in the rotation, as opposed to the S&T forum!

Thought I would never say it, but: GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

Hope things went (are going) well for you, Justin!
David

Post by CMur12 »

Monday Night, ISD for Justin!

Proraso shaving soap
Rooney Style 1/Size 1/Pure badger brush

Gillette Red Tip Super Speed razor (gift from Justin)
Dorco blade

Thayer's Original Witch Hazel.

Wishing you the best in Minnesota, Justin!

- Murray
2clfrwrds

Post by 2clfrwrds »

I haven't used Proraso in a long time, and that scent kind of messed me up this morning. I didn't shake out the brush at all, so I had a bowl of menthol soup. No trouble, I just squeezed in a lot more Proraso. I had enough lather to shave every leg in Hef's mansion (except his, I mean)!

--Glenn
jayb

Post by jayb »

Thanks guys! I really appreciate all of the support and well-wishes!

Oh, and sysiphus, Auburn or Bama? :P
Justin
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Hi Justin -

I just noticed that you're signed in. I hope all is going well for you.

Take care my young friend -

- Murray