SOTD: April 4 thru April 10 2011

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
User avatar
Kirasdad
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:57 am
Location: Dobbs Ferry, NY

Post by Kirasdad »

Thursday

Razor: '47 Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: Treet Dura-Sharp (4th use)
Soap: Man Cave - Gatsby
Brush: Semogue 2000
Toner: Thayers Lavender WH
A/S: Pinaud Clubman w/ a dab of 444 Aftershave Balm
Peace,
Andrew

Those who danced were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
User avatar
gil3591
Posts: 3044
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:36 am
Location: ohio

Post by gil3591 »

mergress lh
iridium (1)
anchorset w/tgn knot
vdh luxury scented soap
pinaud special reserve a/s
gillette balm

well, the vdh got a repreve and is out of the shower and in the lather bowl. yesterday's shave with it was better than today's. we'll see :roll:
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
brothers
Posts: 20822
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:18 am
Location: Oklahoma City USA

Post by brothers »

Thursday

Palmolive Stick
BK8
Fattip Razor
PHU blade
Pinaud Bay Rum

An overall amazingly good shave.
Gary

SOTD 99%: soaps & creams, synthetic / boar / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
User avatar
churchilllafemme
Posts: 5285
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:22 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Post by churchilllafemme »

Thursday:

Chubby 2 Best
Penhaligon's Opus 1870
Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Derby Extra SS Blade
TOBS AS Splash

Oy, the Tech requires about 5 passes for some reason.
_______
John
User avatar
Teiste
Posts: 1225
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:25 pm
Location: Utah

Post by Teiste »

Thursday
Trumper Eucris SS/New Forest 2201 brush/Edwin Jagger with Gillette Rubie/Weleda Balsam
Image
User avatar
du212
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:56 am
Location: ::Navarra, Spain::

Post by du212 »

Image

Simfix, Modoso, Valobra, Osage Rub
· · · · · Jose · · · · · ·
foroafeitado.com wetshaving in spanish
User avatar
Blue As A Jewel
Posts: 3837
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:14 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Post by Blue As A Jewel »

Merkur Slant w/ Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp (Yellow)
Plisson Natural Horn #18, 26mm High Mountain White
Dirty Bird - Bill Bowl
Fitjar Såpekokeri Shaving Soap - Neroli
Geo F. Trumper's - Alum Block
Lucky Tiger Premium - Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fitjar Såpekokeri Aftershave Balm - East Indies

Booster Lanolin Hair Cream

Czech & Speake - Neroli
- Ravi -

You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.
User avatar
desertbadger
Posts: 4192
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:42 pm
Location: Southern CA desert

Post by desertbadger »

THURSDAY

Futur w/Wilkinson LB
MWF
Omega 30005
D.R. Harris Pink
GFT Spanish Leather


:D

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
Gotta have the "Fat"!
User avatar
reggiano
Posts: 2225
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:20 pm
Location: Greater NYC Metropolitan Regional Area

Post by reggiano »

Thursday!

Rooney 1/1 Super
Rocket HD w/LB
Trumper's Coconut Soap
Fresh Skin Soother

Guerlain Vetiver (old)
User avatar
drumana
Posts: 5051
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:02 pm

Post by drumana »

jss wrote:Simpson 91 Best
**eye brow raised** Simpson 91 in Best, you say? Never heard of it. Can you post a pick?
-Andrew-
User avatar
Churchill
Posts: 1825
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:48 am
Location: Jubail, Saudi Arabia

Post by Churchill »

Thursday

Razor: 6/8 Revisor
Brush: Vintage Simpson Chubby 1
Soap: SCS Parma Violet
A/S: Caron Pour Un Homme
Edt: Musgo Real Oakmoss
Bob
User avatar
gil3591
Posts: 3044
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:36 am
Location: ohio

Post by gil3591 »

churchilllafemme wrote:Thursday:

Chubby 2 Best
Penhaligon's Opus 1870
Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Derby Extra SS Blade
TOBS AS Splash

Oy, the Tech requires about 5 passes for some reason.
the tech needs a feather!
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
User avatar
churchilllafemme
Posts: 5285
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:22 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Post by churchilllafemme »

gil3591 wrote:
churchilllafemme wrote:Thursday:

Chubby 2 Best
Penhaligon's Opus 1870
Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Derby Extra SS Blade
TOBS AS Splash

Oy, the Tech requires about 5 passes for some reason.
the tech needs a feather!
Good idea, thanks!
_______
John
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!
Posts: 27408
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:02 pm

Post by bernards66 »

Thursday:

Feather SS & 'blue' IP blade
Simpson Duke #2 Best
D R Harris's Lavender hard shaving soap
D R Harris's Pink A/S
Taylors Sandalwood

Well, today's shave was not the equal of yesterdays even though I used the same soap, so, I dunno. Perhaps yesterday was a fluke, or as someone suggested, the stars were just in an optimal alignment. Still a good shave, however.
Gordon
jss
Posts: 1046
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:35 am
Location: Southern California

Post by jss »

drumana wrote:
jss wrote:Simpson 91 Best
**eye brow raised** Simpson 91 in Best, you say? Never heard of it. Can you post a pick?
Andrew..Its a Butterscotch X1L..Simpson made this brush for other retailers..Its that dark brown 2 band with tan/beige tips..The handle is stamped "91 Best Badger Simpson.." It was unused when I got it..I actually took the price sticker off the bottom..You'd be shocked if you knew the original retail cost..I was thrilled when I paid four times that amount, because I still got the deal of the month on a Simpson..The brush works great with soaps or creams..Sorry I can't post a pick for you, I'm digitally challenged....

Best regards,
Julian
Flash G
Posts: 1445
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:01 am

Friday's shave

Post by Flash G »

D.R. Harris Rose shaving cream
Simpson Tulip 2
Merkur HD 34G
Super Iridium
Musgo Real Aftershave Balm (fin)

This used to be my favourite razor/blade combination, but it just doesn't give me as smooth a shave as the EJ86/Wilkinson Sword.
Eric
CMur12
Posts: 7199
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:41 pm
Location: Moses Lake, Washington, USA

Post by CMur12 »

Thursday Night:

Edwin Jagger DE87 razor
Treet Dura Sharp blade

Omega 63171 pure badger brush
Art of Shaving, Unscented, shaving soap

Lather made in a bowl, as always.

Thayer's Original Witch Hazel, mixed with a tiny bit of lather and massaged into the skin.

- Murray
Give me Soap or give me death!
User avatar
nteeman
Posts: 3460
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:39 am
Location: Port Washington, NY

Friday's Shave

Post by nteeman »

Razor: iKon Long Handle Open Comb Razor
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Shave #3)
Brush: Simpson Eagle #3
Cream/Soap: Musgo Real
A/S: Nivea for Men Sensitive Extra Soothing A/S Balm
-Neal (DE user since 1998)
I shave therefore I am

Zot!
Posts: 2228
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:42 am
Location: Inland Empire, California

Post by Zot! »

Dovo ebony Silver Steel str8
Jagger DE86
Red IP (2)
Shavemac 21mm Silvertip
Mama Bear's Mysore Sandalwood Shave Soap
Ron
User avatar
Mike R
Posts: 3618
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:48 pm
Location: Twin Cities

Post by Mike R »

Thursday

Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best
Soap: Arko
Razor: Merkur HD
Blade: Chinese Gillette Super Blue
A/S: Trumper's Lime Skin Food
Cologne: None

Mike
Post Reply