SOTD: October 7 thru October 13, 2013

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
Shave4Fun

Re: SOTD: October 7 thru October 13, 2013

Post by Shave4Fun »

SUNDAY:

RAZOR: 1947 Super-Speed
BLADE: Vintage Schick
SOAP: D.R. Harris "LAvender)
BRUSH: Omega 11137 boar
A/S: T.N. Dickenson's Witch Hazel
EdT: RL Polo "Explorer"

Best,
Roger

I've been a wet shaver for 56 years! 8)
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

Good afternoon. Sunday AM:

Jaggerooney w/Dorco 301, #1
BK 4
Tabac soap
Thayer's Lavender witch hazel
CF Pre-shave as A/S
SCS Savory Rose EDC
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Slow Shaving

Post by Slow Shaving »

Sunday 10-13-13. MUSIC: Grant Green - Idle Moments. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsOd3w_BI_c

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue SOC two bands - Gillette Fat Boy - Astra green #4 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Mike's Sandalwood & Vanilla EO - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Pinaud Clubman Vanilla.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Sunday:

Gillette Model #58 & Wilkinson LB blade
Plisson #12 HMW
Trumpers Limes shave cream
D R Harris's Pink A/S
Penhaligon's English Fern

Gordon
Zot!

Monday October 14

Post by Zot! »

Hart Steel 6/8 str8 (Full Nani)
EJ DE86 w/NOS Feather (4)
Rooney 3, 1 Silvertip
AoS Lavender shave cream
Oak Moss scuttle
Ron
Len-K

Post by Len-K »

I've become a major fan of Mike's Natural Soaps, in fact I'm addicted.
This is an artisan soap maker who's products easily compare with the big name traditional soap makers (even if it isn't triple milled).
Although it takes a little more work and definitely more water to get that really good lather worked up, once achieved the lather is as rich and creamy, provides slickness and cushion as good or better than TABAC or DR Harris. The scents are strong and wonderful. I've lately been using nothing but his shaving soaps, switching back and forth between the Lime (the first one I tried) and the Orange, Cedarwood & Pepper and on the weekends the Rose & Cedarwood (shaving a little later having slept in a bit, it's a real "wake me up"). IMHO the Rose & Cedarwood blows the old English rose soaps away.
Having been so taken by his shaving soaps, I decided to try the Bath Bars. So far I've used the Lemon & Eucalyptus Kokum Butter Body Bar and it's wonderful. Other Body Bars that I wanted to try have been out of stock, but I'll get some others when available.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Len-K welcome to SMF! I enjoyed reading your first post, because I share your appreciation for Mike's shaving soap. Definitely one of the best. I'm not sure if very many other SMF guys will see this post because you accidentally posted it in the SOTD forum. Regardless, it's good to have you here, and I look forward to your participation! Best Regards,
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444